• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
AWTA, I like it. It's never good to have a song repeatedly playing in your head though, regardless of its quality. If anything it just makes me dislike the song once I escape its hold.
I hate getting songs I like stuck in my head, aye, as it spoils it. Curse myself whenever it happens, and employ a few different methods to try and remove it.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
our young guns of Taylor and How are warming to the task and about to bring us back into the match. Two players with so much potential, I really hope they can deliver. I think and hope nz will be 150-2 at stumps.

Stapel

International Regular
Imran - Pakistan - fanatics about cricket
Botham - England - inventors of the game
Kapil - India - see Pakistan
Hadlee - New Zealand - fanatics about rugby, cricket just a past time for those of them who didn't want to know / play rugby (1%), or those who can't cut it as a rugby player.

All three countries have population at least triple New Zealand, and 1% of not many doesn't produce world class players I'm sorry. Especially back then. So it's freakish. Almost Bradman phenomenon for New Zealand's scale. Small nation. Can you imagine Norway getting good at any sport?
Actually, Norway is good at speed skating, ski jumping and cross country ski. And I would like to recall the FIFA WC 1994 qualification.

BTW, here's a full list of ALL Norwegian cricketers known at cricinfo:

Aamer Waheed (Aamer Waheed, 1972- )
Abdul Hadi (Abdul Hadi, 1973- )
Adeel Ibrar (Adeel Ibrar, 1980- )
Ehetsham-ul-Haq (Ehetsham-ul-Haq, 1982- )
Majid Zia (Majid Zia, 1970- )
Mubasshar Bhatti (Mubasshar Bhatti, 1977- )
Munawar Ahmed (Munawar Ahmed, 1962- )
Sachdev, S (Sameer Sachdev, 1974- )
Saqib Qayyum (Saqib Qayyum, 1985- )
Shahid Ahmed (Shahid Ahmed, 1975- )
Waseem Gill (Waseem Gill, 1970- )
Zaheer Ashiq (Zaheer Ashiq, 1970- )
Zeeshan Ali (Zeeshan Ali, 1971- )
Zeeshan Siddiqui (Zeeshan Siddiqui)

Typically Norwegian names :) .

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
All three countries have population at least triple New Zealand, and 1% of not many doesn't produce world class players I'm sorry. Especially back then. So it's freakish. Almost Bradman phenomenon for New Zealand's scale. Small nation. Can you imagine Norway getting good at any sport?
I dont buy 'small nation' as too much of an excuse. It can be a factor but it isnt a death sentance.

Look at USA 94. Aus is a small country but the 3rd and 4th in the Football World Cup had a combined population of less than Aus (Swe and Bulg).

Federal Republic of Yugoslavia won World Basketball in 1998 and 2002 with a population of 10 million compared which is tiny compared to giants such as USA and Brasil.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I dont buy 'small nation' as too much of an excuse. It can be a factor but it isnt a death sentance.

Look at USA 94. Aus is a small country but the 3rd and 4th in the Football World Cup had a combined population of less than Aus (Swe and Bulg).

Federal Republic of Yugoslavia won World Basketball in 1998 and 2002 with a population of 10 million compared which is tiny compared to giants such as USA and Brasil.
And give me those stats about the white (ie, exclusively cricket-playing) population of Zimbabwe in the 1980s and 1990s? That truly was mind-boggling, and they were easily an international-class team.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
And give me those stats about the white (ie, exclusively cricket-playing) population of Zimbabwe in the 1980s and 1990s? That truly was mind-boggling, and they were easily an international-class team.
Well Zim cricket in the early 90s was pretty much an all white team and that was drawn from a population of approx 30-50 000 people (men, women, children, elderly etc)

Basically an 'island' population of 50 000 people competed well against India, a country of 1 billion people.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, Anderson gets Flynn, possibly twice in 2 balls, certainly the 2nd one.

Thought the 1st might just've been missing leg, but the 2nd was plumb.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hopkins in above Oram. CERTAINLY didn't see that coming.

Double-wicket-maiden for Anderson though, well bowled.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty sure he was in anyway TBH but yeah, that firms it up.

Outside chance of the follow-on here.