• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I still don't know why NZ even bother to find another opener. Just pretend that they are playing with 12 men. Get the number 3 to go out there and open. Tell him that the opener went in the first over.

Then its almost like you are playing with an extra man. No?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I still don't know why NZ even bother to find another opener. Just pretend that they are playing with 12 men. Get the number 3 to go out there and open. Tell him that the opener went in the first over.

Then its almost like you are playing with an extra man. No?
Playing with 10 for mine.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Playing with 10 for mine.
Well, if the "other opener" is always getting out, and the number 3 is always "in effect" opening, then why not play the number 3 at opener, move everyone up a spot, and "just pretend" that the opener went early. Then you bring in an extra middle order player, and bat Chris Martin at "12".

:)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He could've done whatever he wanted - he had no realistic chance of playing that.
I could have certainly copped him edging that, but a top order Test batsman shouldn't get bowled like that. It's not so much the fact that he got out to it, but the way he tried to play it. If you can't at least have some idea of how to keep out the good ones, you don't belong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, if the "other opener" is always getting out, and the number 3 is always "in effect" opening, then why not play the number 3 at opener, move everyone up a spot, and "just pretend" that the opener went early. Then you bring in an extra middle order player, and bat Chris Martin at "12".

:)
Trouble is, when you move the number-three up, he becomes "other opener" and you're back to square-one.