• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Your having a laugh. McGrath builds pressure, thus the batsman becomes unsure whether to play or leave.

There was no pressure from Mills leading up that delivery. The batsman was playing well away from his pads. Should have left it.
Of course, but he also sometimes took wickets in his first or second over, before he'd had time to build pressure (which was as you say something he did extremely well). All it takes is a good ball before the batsman has his eye in.

I just meant it as an example. I thought it was the best ball Mills had bowled all tour to that point, and a well-deserved wicket brought about more because of the ball than poor decision-making by Cook.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Two Half-Volleys and a Long-Hop. Long-Hop cut through mid-off, ITSTL. This is certainly a slow pitch.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
WTH... how can you compare Martin to Hadlee. "The best line bowler I've ever seen". No REALLY?

This from a comentator on Radiosport.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Strauss >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cook at this moment in time. Beginning to worry a little about Cook, has only scored seriously against that nonsense WI attack since 2006.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, you know me - as far as West Indian cricket is concerned, there's Liam Camps, then there's Tony Cozier. Cozier is the voice of West Indian cricket and I just can't imagine it without him, a la Benaud and Australia.
Yep, I can't imagine West Indies cricket without Cozier either, but he will forever annoy me slightly.
Cozier's much improved I think from the latest series. Not sure why though.

Holding's basically a grumpy old man that bitches and moans too much. Hard to enjoy the cricket as much while he's commentating these days.
I've actually warmed up a bit to Cozier lately. As in he's become less annoying. I still haven't tipped over from the "can't-stand-him" end of the spectrum though. I think Holding is grumpy because he's watching flairless English cricket.
Beautiful shot from Vaughan.
:unsure:

Leslie1

U19 Captain
This is ill disciplined bowling from Martin and Mills. :@ Having to bring on O Brien this early. What does that say to the English batsmen?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Strauss >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cook at this moment in time. Beginning to worry a little about Cook, has only scored seriously against that nonsense WI attack since 2006.
I wonder whether his test performances have been adversely affected by trying to become an ODIer as well. Rather like Panesar.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldnt worry about him. He will be fine. Everyone has lapses in form.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wonder whether his test performances have been adversely affected by trying to become an ODIer as well. Rather like Panesar.
Heck, I'm very sure that was a significant player in Strauss' problems of 2006 and 2007. Don't think it's really done much harm to MSP though.

Thing is, though, with Cook this started a bit before he was picked for ODIs - in Australia. Admittedly that was a better bowling-attack than he's ever likely to face again.

Hopkins conceded four byes in the opening hour of his debut, not good. Bloody hell it was almost out though.