• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very risky. Yes, things are currently looking very good, but we all know how quickly things a) can always change with both these teams and b) have changed throughout this match.

Jacob Oram on.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wonder what would have happened had Flynn managed to evade that ball.
It happened when New Zealand were in a perilous position i.e four down for not many, so I’m not sure the loss of Flynn who lets be honest is in the side for one eye on the future would have made a great difference. If anything Flynn’s blow was the catalyst for a great New Zealand counter-attack and for the England bowlers to lose the plot and overuse the short pitched delivery.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oram looking well down on pace here, but with his accuracy & bounce no-one's going to be able to take liberties with him.

Those odds are insane, by the way, a wicket goes down & we're still in the mire. Vettori has been all over our middle order so far. Few nicker on NZ might be a wise investment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, good to see some pessimistic realists here.

Seriously, if I was a neutral (say, if this game was Namibia vs Uganda) I'd probably be saying England were huge favourites here. But I'm taking nothing for granted.

I've said all along that Strauss and Vaughan are key. The longer they can keep going for the better. We want to leave nothing to Bell and below if possible.

Natman20

International Debutant
If New Zealand were to win they need another wicket before the 150 mark imo. It is still possible to win from here not doubt. The still need another 160 odd which is a total in itself when you think of the amount of wickets that fell yesterday.

chalky

International Debutant
Oram looking well down on pace here, but with his accuracy & bounce no-one's going to be able to take liberties with him.

Those odds are insane, by the way, a wicket goes down & we're still in the mire. Vettori has been all over our middle order so far. Few nicker on NZ might be a wise investment.
The odds on England have shortend even further.

England 1.14
New Zealand 5.5

As has been said look incredibly tight on England & generous on New Zealand.

TBF New Zealand are looking very deflated.

99*

International Debutant
Again what is with the deep fields? The time to save runs has passed.

If England reach needing 140 only 1 down I'm calling it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

England 1.14
New Zealand 5.5

One wicket would change that; two would completely and totally transform it.

We still need 163 as of this post and we still know that Oram will very probably give us nothing. And we'd be mad to go chasing after him.

I can already feel the complacency washing over the majority of the cricket-watching population. It might turn-out to be well-placed complacency, but if it doesn't it'll feel truly awful.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bloody hell, twice in the same over almost caught at extra-cover, first from an airy drive and then a leading-edge.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Every indecisive stroke (be it a play-and-miss or near-catch) is still making me feel very, very sharp-intake-of-breath-ish.

Get this below 150 to win without losing another, next step.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

England 1.14
New Zealand 5.5

They do, yeah. But as Smith just said on the comm the game's turned around more than once already in the game.

Still think those odds on us are woefully mean tho. Mick drove upishly & got a leading edge in Oram's last over, so it's not like our progress has been totally serene.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
England to win this comfortably IMO. Dire from New Zealand, should never have gotten close to losing it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, if we win this I'll be pretty sore at anyone saying NZ threw it away.

MSP's excellent bowling on a helpful surface wrested it back, and if we chase this down it'll be a very fine effort.