• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bloody hell, we've not been short of good fortune in run-of-the-ball terms this run-chase. So much has fallen short, now one that flies way over the top... and goes for four to the STILL unguarded third-man.

If you're going to chase this on this pitch, you're always going to need some luck and we always knew that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Huh. Force with us, clearly. Martin finds the shoulder of Vaughan's bat & it balloons over the slips to run for four. Over half-way there now. 145 remaining.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
TBH, if we win this I'll be pretty sore at anyone saying NZ threw it away.

MSP's excellent bowling on a helpful surface wrested it back, and if we chase this down it'll be a very fine effort.
Been impressed with England's batting. But, despite Monty's fine effort, New Zealand's batting was dire.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This time yesterday I thought we were heading for one of the great victories of my lifetime...now I think I'm going to try to forget about this match as soon as possible.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has Redmond given his leggies away altogether? Might be worth a trundle if not. Couldn't whole-heartedly endorse How getting another over after seeing him yesterday.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Been impressed with England's batting. But, despite Monty's fine effort, New Zealand's batting was dire.
As I said in reply to that Beevs post earlier, if they'd played him more circumspectly, they'd just have been criticised for not going after him and allowing him to get them out.

MSP got out people who tried to hit him (McCullum, Vettori, Mills) and people who tried to block him (Taylor, How). IMO, people just have to accept that he was too good, and there was no way out. He also appears to have been somewhat fortunate in the time he bowled, because this pitch has played far, far, far, far easier today than it did yesterday.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Damn, that's the first wicket today, Vaughan caught behind off Martin. Doesn't get the half-century and we still need more than 140.

20 minutes left to Lunch, that'll probably mean, what, 5 overs?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus. Airy drive from Vaughan & he finds the edge. Looked like he was living on borrowed time for the last four or five overs to be fair. Martin looked like he took it away from the batsman quite late, so credit to the bowler too.

biased indian

International Coach
Cricinfo : By the way. New Zealand are probably underdogs in this game again. Is this the time they are most dangerous?

and fourth ball they get a wicket :)