• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If this continues we'll virtually have this wrapped-up by Lunch.

I'm not expecting it to continue, but it's incredible how little uneven bounce there's been so far, and how little real big turn.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There really has been some appalling cricket in this test. At least the ending should be fairly close, as there's been little in this to advertise the greatness of test cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There really has been some appalling cricket in this test. At least the ending should be fairly close, as there's been little in this to advertise the greatness of test cricket.
Indeed. Run-outs, overthrows (the latter from both sides), the ultimate signs of poor attention-to-detail.

At least the catching has so far been excellent, and the Umpiring fairly acceptable.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Iain O' Brian has started, as he left off, with an unwaveringly troubling line just outside off stump to the right hander. If he could create similar consistency to the left hander, he could become a mainstay of the New Zealand attack as the support seamer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wonder what would have happened had Flynn managed to evade that ball.
Or maybe even just had a gum-shield in.

No knowing, I suppose - but I guess we could fairly safely say that had he scored 74 or something, New Zealand ended-up with 560, then the game might've been drawn.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Don't know how these guys could have done the work you've specified. They look the deadset laziest workmen I have ever seen.
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The Old Trafford groundsman is called Peter Marron, FWIW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I cannot believe Vettori hasn't got a third-man.

Half-century for Strauss - that's the 4th innings in a row he's passed fifty. Full credit to him for resurrecting his Test career and I now see no reason he can't stay in the side for the next 4 or 5 years and go from strength to strength.

GGG

State Captain
England to win comfortably from this position and another blown opportunity by our cricket team. Hopefully the end of either marshall once and for all and the hunt for another opener to partner How continues.

99*

International Debutant
WTF? Why is Vettori not using an attacking field, get another ******* slip at least.

chalky

International Debutant
Solid start for England this morning interestingly the Bookies now have England as huge favourites:

England paying 1.20
New Zealand paying 4.33
Draw paying 67.00