• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nice

Gotta go to the in-laws now...will see if I can wrangle the cricket on, if not, here's hoping we've bowled the Kiwis out for 72 and made 200-0 overnight when I get home :D

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nasser's still optimistic. "England still have a great chance" he says.

Would be an impressive comeback.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd venture to suggest our chances of winning this game are roughly zero.

We're not out of it, but our only realistic chance is to be saved by the weather. Unless this wicket simply flattens-out in an inexplicable way, as it did in 1999 (that, remember, was before the square was relaid).

chalky

International Debutant
Seems like a lot of empty seats today at Old Trafford, probably 1 of the reasons they are not getting another Test Match for 3 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's funny, Old Trafford Tests in recent years have been excellently-attended, having been awfully so for the previous decade or so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bloody hell, lift there. Marshall hit on the bat handle, unusual.

You know what, I actually wonder whether bowling NZ out cheaply-ish here wouldn't be the worst thing we can do, as that'd then give NZ the chance to bowl us out which they might otherwise be denied by the weather.

jammay123

State 12th Man
Stop being so pessamistic Richard theirs always a chance england could come back and the only way that is possible is if england bowl put New Zealand cheaply

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No more so than Ambrose was.

Infact less so, as it was closer to an inside edge than his was.

Just luckily it was a different umpire. Vettori should make sure he bowls from Taufel's end next time.
Hair has given lbws in this match too, in case you've missed. And Taufel has made 2 errors himself, one with a bad out, one with a bad not-out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stop being so pessamistic Richard theirs always a chance england could come back and the only way that is possible is if england bowl put New Zealand cheaply
Have you seen how this pitch is playing?

Chasing 200 wouldn't be easy. Chasing 300 (and we'll be lucky if we're chasing something that small) I reckon would be near enough impossible.