• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really, really want a good innings from Redmond here.

He's shown that he has the talent and attitude to succeed, would like to see him and How put on 100+.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
What did he say?
Paraphrasing - Pieterson is averaging 31 the entire series (+ nz home series) - the lowest of all the middle order batsmen, yet he never seems to get the mention of being dropped. This from a fan letter...

Then Coney responds by saying that he's dissappointed that Pieterson trying a bit too hard to look good batting technically and the aggressive intent all but gone from his demeanor. Maybe after watching Broad "we might see a return" of the old Pieterson in the 2nd innings, because this pitch is not suited to batting time.

Something along those lines.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is a summary of what was said possible? :)
Basically Bumble pretended to be really annoyed at McCullum running over a bit of the pitch at his end, and Smith said something that I can't remember.
Yeah credit to the bowlers, I think it would be safe to say the English were mostly out to good balls/Vettori? Seems so from cricinfo. Not the easiest thing in the world to show positive intent vs good test match bowling and it seems the boys turned it up on England today.
Pre-God-damn-cisely.

Bloody hell, ball change after 1 over! :blink:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well played NZ. Stuck it to me big time, some of you may have read earlier in the thread that I chose to go to the Headingley Test V SA rather than this, my home Test (as close as you get, about 40 minutes away) because I felt the SA Test would be a closer contest.

I may have been right actually seems as this is lining up to be a right pasting, hopefully our boys will get a kick up the arse at some point this summer.

Ramprakash anyone? :ph34r:

chalky

International Debutant
Is a summary of what was said possible? :)
Bumble showed a video of McCullum running across the pich once he'd caught a return throw. Bumble described it as "skullduggary". Smithy said if New Zealand wanted to cheat they would do a better job than that. Smithy then added that Bumble should back to the pub they where at last night & let "the man in the pink shirt who was trying to kiss him give him a kiss". Bumble replied that " the man in the pink shirt was very nice".

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
**** I have work tomorrow and I have to get up early. But I feel as though I will miss something if I leave.
In the same boat :(

I'm too slow for this thread, Richard beat me to the comments on the bowling.

Hope this represents a page turned for O'Brien. Absolutely no rush at all to bring Southee back for mine.

edit: thx for the summary. Smith isn't all that bad as he is made out to be by some.

Perm

Paraphrasing - Pieterson is averaging 31 - the lowest of all the middle order batsmen, yet he never seems to get the mention of being dropped. This from a fan letter...

Then Coney responds by saying that he's dissappointed that Pieterson trying a bit too hard to look good batting technically and the aggressive intent all but gone from his demeanor. Maybe after watching Broad "we might see a return" of the old Pieterson in the 2nd innings, because this pitch is not suited to batting time.

Something along those lines.
TBF on Pietersen, he has proven over the duration of his First Class and Test career how classy he is, so I think he should be given a little more slack by the selectors than the likes of Bell and Collingwood. We all know what he is capable of and he is the key to England's batting.

Of course, this isn't an excuse for him not scoring runs, it's just my thoughts on why Pietersen isn't really close to be dropped in comparison with a few of his fellow batsmen.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the look of Redmond. He doesn't look like he's wound up with a complicated technique. He keeps things simple and when we already have Taylor, McCullum and Oram..I think he's the right kinda guy to open with alongside How.

Craig

World Traveller
Really, really want a good innings from Redmond here.

He's shown that he has the talent and attitude to succeed, would like to see him and How put on 100+.
Also for James Marshall to get some runs as well. A solid 60 or 70 at least will go a long way IMO. By the time he comes in he will have more then a 179 runs to play with, so that is such a big platform to play freely and succeed. If he doesn't get runs now (unless it was a very good bit of bowling) then it is time to move him on for good.

Perm

Also for James Marshall to get some runs as well. A solid 60 or 70 at least will go a long way IMO. By the time he comes in he will have more then a 179 runs to play with, so that is such a big platform to play freely and succeed. If he doesn't get runs now (unless it was a very good bit of bowling) then it is time to move him on for good.
DWTA mate.

If Marshall scores runs, then we might see him retain his place in the side. Do you really want that? We aren't after a big team score so I think we can afford him to fail.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think James Marshall is the answer for us at #3. He's a stop gap right now until either Fulton gets his act together or Greg Hay is ready.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think James Marshall is the answer for us at #3. He's a stop gap right now until either Fulton gets his act together or Greg Hay is ready.
And I'm starting to think that even an out-of-sorts Fulton is at least no worse.