• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

chalky

International Debutant
All over I know we seemed to have focused on England ****eness but New Zealand where excellent. When did Ian O Brian become the next incarnation of Shaun Pollock? His line & lengh where impecable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WoWee, 24 members viewing this thread as of this post: Richard, BoyBrumby, Burgey, chalky, Craig, Days of Grace, Halfpast_Yellow, jammay123, Kippax, Leslie1, Lordeman, Manee, meatspx, Nnanden, Pup Clarke, Retox, slowfinger, social, Spikey, Spitfires_Fan, _Ed_. A fair turnout.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Looking forward to this next innings. Hoping the Kwis consolidate.

EDIT: Apart from his obvious impact with the bat, Taylor's slip catching has been crucial.

Last edited:

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Has Oram been off the field for his right shoulder injury for long?

Who will bat no. 6 for New Zealand if he has to come in late along with Flynn?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
D*Ream over. 202ao. Broad's ambition finally gets the better of him. At least he showed some aggressive intent. It's like beating Australia by playing positive cricket never happened. Holding just made the point about our top six playing for self-preservation & he has a point; my question is why? Strauss was the last batsman dropped on form & that lasted all of three tests. They have job security, so why not try to take the attack to the oppo on the odd occasion?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All over I know we seemed to have focused on England ****eness but New Zealand where excellent.
Thanks for that. :) It's a bit frustrating that whenever we play really good cricket it's put down to the opposition. Granted, England were pretty average this morning, but NZ deserves credit too.

Craig

World Traveller
In fairness, Taylor is not the typical New Zealand batsman.
What is a typical New Zealand batsman? Some people are going to have to learn that shock horror that New Zealand has outplayed teams and they are doing it do England, just like if Australia beat a team is by outplaying them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All over I know we seemed to have focused on England ****eness but New Zealand where excellent. When did Ian O Brian become the next incarnation of Shaun Pollock? His line & lengh where impecable.
Far more good bowling than bad batting for mine. New Zealand's bowling has been so much better than England's so far it's untrue. Vettori completely outbowled MSP - people said, obviously, that England should've tried to hit Vettori off his length, and had they tried one'd probably have gone straight up. If MSP had bowled as Vettori has he'd have got a bucketfull when NZ tried doing that to him.

Obviously, you expect Oram to outbowl Anderson. Martin and Broad still wicketless and Mills obviously just grabbed the last two, but for O'Brien to comfortably outbowl Sidebottom is a real achievement.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
D*Ream over. 202ao. Broad's ambition finally gets the better of him. At least he showed some aggressive intent. It's like beating Australia by playing positive cricket never happened. Holding just made the point about our top six playing for self-preservation & he has a point; my question is why? Strauss was the last batsman dropped on form & that lasted all of three tests. They have job security, so why not try to take the attack to the oppo on the odd occasion?
Because the bowling didn't let them. It might sound hard to believe, but yes - New Zealand can and did bowl better and more accurately than Australia in 2005 did. And, yes, they caught far better too.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It was quite extraordinary. They showed his hawkeye pitch map against right handers and all of the deliveries bar one was in the corridor.

Craig

World Traveller
**** I have work tomorrow and I have to get up early. But I feel as though I will miss something if I leave.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was quite extraordinary. They showed his hawkeye pitch map against right handers and all of the deliveries bar one was in the corridor.
I wish we could see the corresponding one for his two games against South Africa. I'd bet it was a bigger contrast between two games for the same bowler as you'll ever see.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well here we go..I reckon they'll be looking for 200 - 250 on top of what they already lead by.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Reckon we'll get 4-5 overs before Lunch. Nothing much can happen in that time.

Bloody hell, 28 members now viewing. :blink: Richard, 99*, BoyBrumby, Burgey, chalky, Days of Grace, GeraintIsMyHero, Halfpast_Yellow, jammay123, Kippax, Laurrz, Leslie1, Lordeman, Manee, meatspx, NZTailender, Pup Clarke, Retox, Samuel_Vimes, slowfinger, social, Spikey, Spitfires_Fan, Top 6 on paper, _Ed_.

99*

International Debutant
So what'd you think a total NZ will be looking for before making England bat again? I'd say 450-500.

Conflicted between watching the GP or this. Argh!

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
LOL at the Banter between Bumble & Ian Smith

McCullum didn't exactly do an Afridi there.
Is a summary of what was said possible? :)

Yeah credit to the bowlers, I think it would be safe to say the English were mostly out to good balls/Vettori? Seems so from cricinfo. Not the easiest thing in the world to show positive intent vs good test match bowling and it seems the boys turned it up on England today.

Craig

World Traveller
Reckon we'll get 4-5 overs before Lunch. Nothing much can happen in that time.

Bloody hell, 28 members now viewing. :blink: Richard, 99*, BoyBrumby, Burgey, chalky, Days of Grace, GeraintIsMyHero, Halfpast_Yellow, jammay123, Kippax, Laurrz, Leslie1, Lordeman, Manee, meatspx, NZTailender, Pup Clarke, Retox, Samuel_Vimes, slowfinger, social, Spikey, Spitfires_Fan, Top 6 on paper, _Ed_.
Not forgetting me.