• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think if this WI side is picked they look a little short in the batting department, would rather them pick an extra batsman, and bat Bravo and Hinds at 6 and 7 (either way). Personally would pick Runako Morton over Benn in that line-up.

The loss of Taylor is huge, he offers WI that bit of control, yet looks threatening also.
Edwards, Powell, Bravo and Sammy wouldn't bowl Australia out in 15 days, let alone twice in <5. Benn makes that attack slightly more potent.
I don't think Morton would add much to the batting. In fact, I daresay I don't think he'd add more to the team than Benn on the whole, as Benn is a reasonable batsman too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

There are two players to come back, though. Haydos for Kat, Clarke for Hodge.
Totally forgot that Clarke would be there in time for the second Test. Fair enough then. But Jaques has to score in this series if Katich does well in the first Test.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
As someone mentioned earlier,i too feel symonds must lose his spot in the XI..Katich deserves a chance ahead of him:) .

Woodster

International Captain
Edwards, Powell, Bravo and Sammy wouldn't bowl Australia out in 15 days, let alone twice in <5. Benn makes that attack slightly more potent.
I don't think Morton would add much to the batting. In fact, I daresay I don't think he'd add more to the team than Benn on the whole, as Benn is a reasonable batsman too.
Not sure that adding Benn to that attack would suddenly make bowling Australia out twice in five days a more realistic option. Can imagine Benn could seriously be taken to task from the likes of Ponting and Hussey. Imo, if WI are to bowl Australia out twice, the threat will come from the seam bowlers, I cannot imagine WI will run through Australia with mediocre spin bowling. If spin is selected to offer Sarwan a modicum of control then Hinds may be capable of fulfilling this role.

I don't think WI will be particularly weakened in the bowling attack through the non-selection of Benn, yet Morton would add much more to what looks a potentially fragile line-up. Get runs on the board and attempt to pressure Australia that way, it's no good looking to bowl a side out twice if as a batting side you are going to struggle to reach 200. Bravo at 5, Hinds 6 and Ramdin 7, all seems as though they are a place too high against the best.

Mr Mxyzptlk

As someone mentioned earlier,i too feel symonds must lose his spot in the XI..Katich deserves a chance ahead of him:) .
Like him or not, Symonds has been Australia's most potent batsman of late. Harsh is an understatement. At least wait for the man to fail a couple of times.