• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Word here this morning is Hayden's out for sure.

This leaves Aus with this likely line up:

Jaques - still to prove himself, last couple of tests quite poor v India. No recent cricket.
Katich - on the comeback trail and batting out of position.
Ponting - out of form and with a recurring back injury
Hussey - da bomb.
Hodge - unproven at this level despite several chances.
Symonds - 3/4 of the people on here seem to think he isn't test class, though his recent record is outstanding.
Haddin - on debut - unkonwn quantity at test level. No recent cricket
Lee - no probs.
Johnson - raw but hopefully on the way to a good career. No recent cricket.
Clark - classy, but if the decks are really flat, will he take wickets? No recent cricket.
MacGill - on the comeback from injury, and aged as well. No recent cricket.

Probably as vulnerable a side as Australia have put together in nigh on a decade, when they had that tour to India where Blocker Wilson took the new ball in one of the tests.

There's enough class there to get the job done, but I wouldn't be putting my (heavily mortgaged) house on it.

Simon

Agree with most of that, think the bowlers will get the job done though. Have always been a big critic of Simon Katich but you can't ignore his numbers in the past two seasons, I think he'll be very hard to drop with some outstanding performances.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have a funny feeling that Katich will fail in the first Test, and Hodge will ton up. That'd make for an interesting selection discussion. You'd hope they'd stick with Katich, but they probably wouldn't.

Simon

I have a funny feeling that Katich will fail in the first Test, and Hodge will ton up. That'd make for an interesting selection discussion. You'd hope they'd stick with Katich, but they probably wouldn't.
Actually have that feeling that Hodge will produce something too, this is most certainly his last chance to impress at this level and if he doesn't then he's gone.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Not feeling confident with our batting lineup really..hoping Hodge does really well but i dunno

just glad both are back for the next game incase dare i say we do lose or something

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Will take a horrible performance from Australia for West Indies with that team to even draw. Not much hope for the team and don't think I'll waste money to see them.

Julian87

State Captain
Word here this morning is Hayden's out for sure.

Hodge - unproven at this level despite several chances.
Brad Hodge in tests: Runs 409. Avg 58.42. High Score: 203*.

As much as I don't like Brad Hodge, he is about as proven as any after their first five test matches.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Will take a horrible performance from Australia for West Indies with that team to even draw. Not much hope for the team and don't think I'll waste money to see them.
Stranger things have happened. Like South Africa losing at home to West Indies in less than 4 days.

howardj

International Coach
There are not many things I miss about University, least of all being broke. However, while a Windies series is on, I do miss the luxury of being able to watch a complete Test match without a working day hanging over my head. I think most people will have to nourish themselves on Foxtel highlights. I think they have a two or three hour package for each day.

roseboy64

That was a better West Indies team though. Still, managed a draw against them in the WI in the first Test on their last Tour here.

Mr Mxyzptlk

That was a better West Indies team though. Still, managed a draw against them in the WI in the first Test on their last Tour here.
It was only marginally better because of Gayle's presence. I think West Indies can compete pretty well with Australia if Sarwan can keep them together. A draw definitely possible, at the least. Note that there's nothing in this post to warrant a Greig nomination if the time comes around.

Simon

There are not many things I miss about University, least of all being broke. However, while a Windies series is on, I do miss the luxury of being able to watch a complete Test match without a working day hanging over my head. I think most people will have to nourish themselves on Foxtel highlights. I think they have a two or three hour package for each day.
Seeing as though I start work around 6am I'm thinking of getting up around 4am everyday to catch a couple of hours play. Cant watch highlights of cricket if I already know the happenings.

roseboy64

Parchment, Smith, Sarwan, Shiv, Bravo, RHinds, Ramdin, Sammy, Powell, Fidel and Benn. That's the side apparently. Heard earlier Taylor may have picked up a knock. Can't see the sense in picking Benn over Jaggernauth with Taylor out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Gayle didn't play. Talking about when there was the sponsorship dispute.
What does that have to do with West Indies win over South Africa last year? Why would you bring that up here? That's neither to do with recent form, nor with Australia.