• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So you don't mind that sponsors can determine that, nope, don't play under the Baggygreen boys, play under a beer hat.
It wasn't like it was a test ffs. I'd have issue if this were to happen in a test, but a tour match; who cares anymore? Baggy Greens should be reserved for the test arena where it matters most. After all, Australia doesn't wear them for One Day Internationals or T20's.

The time of long tours and meaningful tour matches are long gone. Like Saggers said, biggest non-issue.

howardj

International Coach
Did that happen here? As far as I'm aware there was absolutely NO directive from VB (or Foster's) for them to wear the caps. Obviously sponsors doing that would be unacceptable, but that didn't happen here at all and this is just the case of the media trying to create a story where there isn't one.
I just find it strange that there have been countless other tour games played down the years where guys have played for Australia who haven't played a Test match, and yet the boys have never worn a sponsor's cap. Yet the first time VB sponsor us overseas, what do you know...on goes the beer cap.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good news, considering that we're probably going to play Ponting back into form. The less strength in that top order, the better. Also, our poor man's version of Hayden (Gayle) is out, so it's as close to parity as we can get. I speak as though I'm part of the team.

Top_Cat

Good news, considering that we're probably going to play Ponting back into form. The less strength in that top order, the better. Also, our poor man's version of Hayden (Gayle) is out, so it's as close to parity as we can get. I speak as though I'm part of the team.
Based on the bowling attack, if you turn up to a ground and play a strategic bit of cricket in front of the selectors on the grass, you never know........

Mr Mxyzptlk

Based on the bowling attack, if you turn up to a ground and play a strategic bit of cricket in front of the selectors on the grass, you never know........
That's pretty harsh on Jerome Taylor and a couple of people who have combined for a couple of Test matches in experience. Sadly even Mr. Powell would bowl circles around me. :(

Burgey

So presumably Katch will open with Hodge int eh middle order.

So we'll have a middle order of Ponting out of form, Hussey, Hodge with ?? over him at that level, Symonds and Haddin who's an unknown.

Might be interesting.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Hayden Almost Certain To Be Ruled Out

Absolutely gutted - didn't realise how much I enjoyed his hulking presence in the team until he was absent in Perth.
God i hope he plays - as much as i love Dodgeball, i dont trust him

and yes we looked all at sea in the Perth test match.. the openers were dodge and from then on it just set the tone

i guess its sort of fair... No Hayden, no Gayle
no Samuels.. no Clarke (although that was his fault... no C'Goon anyway)

Top_Cat

Yeah, he's not going to be around for that much longer, so little things like this are particularly annoying.
Yeah it's funny how much people don't realise what a massive presence in the side he is until he's gone.

Opening with Kat is probably the way they'll go. No reserve opener means he'll have to, really. Still back them to win, though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon they should have picked a reserve opener or someone like Shaun Marsh who might open in future instead of another backup middle order batsmen. A bit of charity cap, if you get selected cus your the last man left in the touring party. Oh well Hodge should have played more tests anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reckon they should have picked a reserve opener or someone like Shaun Marsh who might open in future instead of another backup middle order batsmen. A bit of charity cap, if you get selected cus your the last man left in the touring party. Oh well Hodge should have played more tests anyway.
What if a middle order player had gone down though? Then the same situation would have occured with the spare opener playing because there was no-one else..

I'd rather see Katich opening and Hodge playing than Rogers batting 5, myself.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What if a middle order player had gone down though? Then the same situation would have occured with the spare opener playing because there was no-one else..

I'd rather see Katich opening and Hodge playing than Rogers batting 5, myself.
You would need two middle order batsmen to get injuried for that to occur. Rather have an opener batting at 3, then middle order batsmen opening. Mind you considering this is a one off occassion thta Hayden will be out. Hussey could always open the batting.

Top_Cat

You would need two middle order batsmen to get injuried for that to occur. Rather have an opener batting at 3, then middle order batsmen opening. Mind you considering this is a one off occassion thta Hayden will be out. Hussey could always open the batting.
Haha, I seriously forgot Hussey was an opener!