• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, awesome wicket-taking form by the guy who barely bowled himself all FC season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep. Means we should probably be careful talking up Magilla's bowling when the Kat took 6 for the game.
Quite. It was against a team of amateurs, half of whom made their FC debut in that match. The other half struggle to consistently play for Jamaica.

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is an interesting series for Johnson. I think some of the better windies batsman are going to try to target him early.

That could be his opportunity to grab a bag or two. While he has matured over the last 12 months it could still be a kick if the runs flow off him and wickets are slow in coming.

howardj

International Coach
Good to see MacGill doing well. Like him or not (and I don't - I think he's prickly, contrary piece of work) he's our number one spinner by the length of the straight, and someone who we'll need both in India this year and against the South Africans in the upcoming Summer - which I think will be a tougher series than people realise.

Anyway, can't wait for this Series to start.

Woodster

International Captain
Katich MOTM. Guys a unit. Should be captain imo.

Steve Waugh suggested as much in his fantastic autobiography. He lavished plenty of praise on Katich and said he was a future captain of his country, which may look doubtful at this stage, but surely a place in the side should be guaranteed, for the first Test anyway.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Can put Marshall in there too. Jackson played consistently for CCC. Miller's a decent lower order bat.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Can put Marshall in there too. Jackson played consistently for CCC. Miller's a decent lower order bat.
Xavier Marshall hasn't established himself in the Jamaica side as yet. Far from it. He will soon though, the way he's batted of late. And Jamaica >>> CCC. I don't consider Nikita Miller one of the batting order, seeing as he's not yet scored a half-century in 27 matches. Useful, yes, but not a Vettori.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Xavier Marshall hasn't established himself in the Jamaica side as yet. Far from it. He will soon though, the way he's batted of late. And Jamaica >>> CCC. I don't consider Nikita Miller one of the batting order, seeing as he's not yet scored a half-century in 27 matches. Useful, yes, but not a Vettori.
Fair enough.

Top_Cat

Hear Hear!

What an ordinary display this was.
The dumbest part of the whole thing for me was that Haddin doesn't have a cap yet. For crying out loud, he'll have one in a couple of days barring injury and if they'd just given it to him earlier, as the only player in the side without one, they would have saved all the hue and cry.

pasag

RTDAS
So you don't mind that sponsors can determine that, nope, don't play under the Baggygreen boys, play under a beer hat.
Did that happen here? As far as I'm aware there was absolutely NO directive from VB (or Foster's) for them to wear the caps. Obviously sponsors doing that would be unacceptable, but that didn't happen here at all and this is just the case of the media trying to create a story where there isn't one.