• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
In: Dustin Fletcher, Jason Laycock, Sam Lonergan, Mark McVeigh, Adam Ramanauskas, Kyle Reimers, Jason Winderlich
Out: Jarrod Atkinson (omitted), Lovett-Murray (suspended), Adam McPhee (suspended) Watson (back), Johns Dyson, Nash (omitted),

Gun changes apart from Watto :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You will get smashed.

Btw, did you read Mark Robinson's article on who Essendon should trade? Agree with his comments?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A lot of people had Shaw as captain this week.

Not me. Its raining on a Saturday afternoon, and the king of wet weather football Jimmy Bartel is playing Richmond on the G.

Easy 150+ x 2 pts coming my way.

Last edited:

mikeW

You will get smashed.

Btw, did you read Mark Robinson's article on who Essendon should trade? Agree with his comments?
We'll put in a better effort this week, certainly worth a crack at 7.50 head to head.

Robinson is a deadset goose. He wants to trade a club champion in Lucas (ridiculous) and our 2 of our top 3 midfielders in Stanton and Winderlich (yeah thats gonna help us improve :ph34r: )

The rest of list was spot on but anybody could pinpoint Monfries, Laycock, Johns, Lovett-Murray, etc as tradebait.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I mainly wanted to know what you thought of Lucas and Stanton.

If you could get Stanton for a top 5 pick, would you take it?

mikeW

Yeah I mainly wanted to know what you thought of Lucas and Stanton.

If you could get Stanton for a top 5 pick, would you take it?
Tough one... probably would but i doubt any teams would cough up a top 5 pick for him. Draft picks are overrated somewhat by clubs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
With the Gold Coast and West Sydney team coming though, top draft picks just became a whole lote more valuable.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah i agree with that mike. Draft picks very overated, everyones after the next Judd or Franklin. But they end up with average high draft picks like polak or Tambling (altho they are both coming along now.)

in other news Richardson is a god. Hope the tigers get over the line.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richmond lost their way in the 3rd quarter. :( Cats just lifted.

Gun come back from the Hawks against Port as well.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had a good week so far with the picks.

On superbru, I picked Collingwood by 9 and the Hawks by 14 to bag the margin bonus points (for being closest to the actual margin in your league). I think I was also closest in the Geelong game, picking them by 24; next nearest being 47.

For the record, the remaining picks were:

Brisbane by 38 (highest margin in pool, so a high scoring win for Brisbane will bag me another bonus)
Roos by 32 (not gonna happen)
Adelaide by 52
Sydney by 12 (lowest margin pick in pool)
Bulldogs by 18 (mid-tier. Have to basically hit the exact margin to get the bonus)

Status
Not open for further replies.