• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Anybody here knows if Neeraj Patel( the short guy,letft handed, played yest for RR) had an appearance in ICL?

The_Bunny

State Regular
When Sehwag brought himself on, Amit Mishra had just bowled a succesful first over (4 runs, 1 wicket right after RR were rampaging at 13 an over) and so spin from both ends was a tactic worth trying. Worked for that one over too when he went for only 3 runs. Then Watson cut loose again.

Watson MOTM, first one to string together 3 of them. Is in the top 5 batsmen (by runs) and top 5 bowlers (by wickets) at the moment and so is the first candidate for player of the series.
also easily the best value buy so far for mine...

ret

International Debutant
Mallya regrets listening to Dravid and Charu

Looks like he's going to try making some huge changes next season from what I saw on TV this morning.
i knew B'lore was in trouble as soon as Dravid was appointed its captain .... i hope Mallya kicks Dravid's ass

looking back at the team selection, it's as if Dravid chose test players on purpose to show everyone that those who do well in tests can do well anywhere .... i m glad that his theory has been proven false .... doing well in tests is not equal to having substance in every format

PS

"When I questioned the team's performance, poor practice facilities and the lack of infrastructure were given as reasons," Mallya told NDTV. "It was also said that there was no bonding in the team. I said to myself, things can't continue like this. So I brought in Brijesh [Patel] and who better than him to provide better practice facilities at the home base in Bangalore?"

He also said he had other players in mind but backed the judgement of Sharma and the captain Rahul Dravid."In fact in the second auction, when Dravid was absent, I wanted my set of players but Charu was very tentative and I was held back. It was I who brought in Misbah-ul-Haq

"People have to understand IPL has a corporate side to it. It is not all cricket in the traditional sense. I just want to tell Rahul Dravid to do the best he can with this team and produce results. Dravid doesn't enjoy being at the bottom of the league and neither do I.
Mallya is rightly pissed off .... haha, poor practice facilities and lack of infrastructure were given as the reason for failures

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Munaf has lost a lot of pace
I have read a few articles which have given me the impression that he slows down for accuracy in limited overs matches. Throughout his career, even in the recent Pakistan Test series, he has hit 140kph in Test matches.

jeevan

International 12th Man
also easily the best value buy so far for mine...
I would consider Shane Warne to be the value buy of the tournament: Iconic player,
fantastic captain, easily the most effective coach, and extremely effective last over slogger in addition to the tournament's most effective slow bowler..

All this for $400K in the first round, when Harbhajans and Ishants were going for almost a million.

If Warne didnt have Watson, I am almost willing to believe that he'd make a Watson
out of some of the other material he selected (like Yusuf Pathan or Mascarenhas).

Therefore, Shane Watson at $200K is the next best deal, in the tournament IMHO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
shaun marsh has been a great value buy as well, as he only cost about $30K.
Yeah it's quite amazing that we was so under-valued. Didn't anyone notice he was one of WA's better batsmen last season? His profile will be huge even if he does nothing for the rest of the tournament; even if he doesn't get much international duty, he'll be back with a huge price-tag next year!

jeevan

International 12th Man
shaun marsh has been a great value buy as well, as he only cost about $30K.
Wow, 'prices' really fell in the 2nd round. Contrast $30K to the equivalent young Indian batsmen (Uthappa, Rohit Sharma, Tiwary, Raina) who all went for 10-20X that and, and who with the exception of Rohit Sharma, have done precious little.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mallya regrets listening to Dravid and Charu

Looks like he's going to try making some huge changes next season from what I saw on TV this morning.
Mallya is a idiot. Who asked him to pick Dravid as the Icon player ? Not Dravid himself, I guess. I can understand him sacking Charu Sharma for poor performance, but this has gone too far now.

IPL owners were the ones who wanted the 'Icon' Player system, they were the ones who wanted local stars like Dravid, Kumble etc in their team in order to atttract local crowd, now it is not working for them, then they are crying.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mallya is a idiot. Who asked him to pick Dravid as the Icon player ? Not Dravid himself, I guess. I can understand him sacking Charu Sharma for poor performance, but this has gone too far now.

IPL owners were the ones who wanted the 'Icon' Player system, they were the ones who wanted local stars like Dravid, Kumble etc in their team in order to atttract local crowd, now it is not working for them, then they are crying.
Feel sorry for Rahul. Obviously, he had an idea that just went wrong... which can happen in cricket. To get so much public vitriol for it....... I hope ppl realize what they are doing to him.....

jeevan

International 12th Man
Feel sorry for Rahul. Obviously, he had an idea that just went wrong... which can happen in cricket. To get so much public vitriol for it....... I hope ppl realize what they are doing to him.....
It was an idea that, without this particular experiment, couldnt be accepted or rejected.

What of the Deccan Chargers though? They went for the Symonds, Gilchrists and Afridis of the world and a million dollar bowler too (RP).

ps Kallis the worst bargain of the league?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid shouldn't be put through a trial through the media. Mallya is wrong here. If he wants to have a word with Dravid, he should do it in the private, not like this. It doesn't help the team cause either as it adds pressure on not only Dravid but the entire team, many of who wouldn't be adept at handling such pressure.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, how good does the Mumbai Indians batting line up look now with Sachin coming back....

Sachin
Sanath
Uthappa
Bravo
Thornley
Nayyar
Pollock

That is some top 7 there.... Obviously their bowling is still not that good but still if Pollock can keep up his good work there, this team might just emerge as serious contenders.... Bravo was a real bargain buy for them, I feel... He is making a lot of difference to them. :)