• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
SUBARU makes a very classsy fifty, and BALAJI takes a michelle including a hat trick. Absolutely frothing at the bit!!!!!!!

Feel like Nnanden after a Bracken 5 wicket blitz or PEWS after a Sinclair special.

It'll be awesome if these two make it back in to the Indian side - just for the commentators to try and pronounce their first names
Subaru never made the Indian side in a match- just sat and watched. He's still a class act, though he's struggled in limited-overs matches. There is that Delhi batsman (Manhas) who's a lot better in OD's, but never could play for India. As for Balaji, let's see how he plays through the whole tournament- after the Sohail Super Six, the Rajasthan bowler struggled in the next match and went wicketless. The best bowlers from India have been the Kings XI unit and Zaheer Khan, though Gony (tight bowler who then got hit around), Dinda (very fast, unlucky to be wicketless) and Ishant (tall and fast, but average over 30) have also been impressive.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome seeing Dada finally find form but for the Chargers that wasn't pretty.

RP :laugh:

And Badri was so classy yesterday, puts paid to some of the doubters about whether he can handle shorter formats of the game. Will he ever get an India call or are the youngn's going to get first dibs?

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Styris is not fully ready for this IPL. His form is bad ATM. It would have been great opportunity for Styris to perform with the early wickets down. Afridi might have played today instead of Gibbs. Decan Chargers are the biggest flop in IPL. Shame to say myself a 'Hyderabadi'

duffer

Rohit and Virat are the only two redeeming things about the Chargers and Challengers. Watching those two sides is painful viewing really. How could it go so wrong for them?

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Chennai have lost both their openers, Vidyut for eight and Fleming for one.
I noted, with a laugh, that one of the commentators mis-took Vidyut for Fleming when he was dismissed (and whilst he was hitting those two boundaries).

As for the match, I turned off after one over, which should tell you all you need to know about the extent to which the IPL has captivated me so far (that is to say, not very).

duffer

Great stuff from Venu. Never thought he had that in him especially after what I saw in his brief stint in ODI's. Couldn't undo the damage done by RP (4 overs 59) and the top order flopping again big time.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Because he's been spouting off in the press over here saying that people like Luke Wright and Ravi Bopara aren't telling the truth when they say they turned down the IPL for their England chances. Which is none of his business really... and it makes sense that they'd rather play for England A than go to the IPL, they're both young guys on the edge of the team.

Also he's just **** stirring generally saying lots of English players will be playing the IPL above county cricket next season.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Likewise.

And Mascarenhas should be in Hampshire, where the team he is supposed to be captaining is struggling again.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And Mascarenhas should be in Hampshire, where the team he is supposed to be captaining is struggling again.
Bloke's gotta take care of himself. He has zero commitment to Hampshire if he so wishes. There are plenty of other clubs who'd love to have a player of his quality for the majority of a season.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloke's gotta take care of himself. He has zero commitment to Hampshire if he so wishes. There are plenty of other clubs who'd love to have a player of his quality for the majority of a season.
If he was a regular player it wouldn't really annoy me. I don't think they should have made him captain though. I think you'd want your captain to show total commitment to the club.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Trivedi gets two wickets, without giving away too many. He's bowled straight, and his clever changes in pace have done the trick. The lack of pace is worrying, though- more so Munaf bowling very slowly. Comments?

And then we find leg-spinner Amit Mishra at seven, ahead of all-rounder Farveez Maharoof. We don't know what they expect, but he was out for just four runs.