• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Laurrz

International Debutant
Shaun Marsh again top scores... this is unbelievable

is this 6 top scores for Punjab in a row? insane....
loving that Aussie top order too for Punjab..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Shaun Marsh again top scores... this is unbelievable

is this 6 top scores for Punjab in a row? insane....
loving that Aussie top order too for Punjab..
That's not good for Punjab...

Sangakkara is out injured, Hopes is blow-hot-blow-cold, so the load of run-scoring falls squarely on Marsh. If he has an off-day, what happens? Yuvraj and Mahela haven't yet got a good score. They needed that time in the middle to get settled, and get a hint of a big score. Let's not forget, Marsh getting out early was primarily responsible for the Silver Kings losing to the Super Kings despite facing a weak bowling attack- the rest of the batsmen were just not ready.

Laurrz

International Debutant
i just checked, its 5 top scores, not 6

84* (62)
40 (32)
39 (34)
58 (38)
74* (51)

no wonder they are winning.. although big props to Sreesanth after that slap

I think Pomers is a good inclusion for Punjab though... Sanga will take his spot but when he comes back (if he does :unsure: )

but yes Marsh seems to be the key wicket for opposition now

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Mallya is a idiot. Who asked him to pick Dravid as the Icon player ? Not Dravid himself, I guess..
AWTA... If he has made a mistake by depending on Dravid and Charu, it's his mistake; not theirs... And if he wants to repent for that he should do that in his bedroom (or bathroom), not in public...

biased indian

International Coach
Chargers and challengers are almost out of it......

so who will be the other 2 teams to miss out on the SF ????

2 among Mumbai, kolkata and delhi ???

Or any one from the top 3 will go down ???

Laurrz

International Debutant
Chargers and challengers are almost out of it......

so who will be the other 2 teams to miss out on the SF ????

2 among Mumbai, kolkata and delhi ???

Or any one from the top 3 will go down ???
I reckon Mumbai and Delhi will make it

well more hope than reckon... Ganguly :dry:
then again i like David Huss ... ahhh

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Any team that ends up with ten wins is a certainity for the finals.
A team with 9 wins should most likel=y make t too although theoretically its possible for them to have a tie.
A team that wins 8 games could end up in a tie for the SF spot and run rates could come into play.
Teams with just 7 wins are unlikely to reach SF's and teams with six definitely will be out.

Now you can look at the table with matches left and decide:)

Code:
[B]Team     	Played	Won	To play[/B]
Rajasthan  	9	7	5
Punjab      	9	6	5
Chennai     	9	6	5
Kolkata     	8	4	6
Delhi           8	4	6
Mumbai     	7	3	7
Deccan     	9	2	5
Bangalore	9	2	5

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin playing tommorow night!

*drools*

Torn though, my two favourite teams tommorow and both of them need wins for different reasons.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Mumbai and Delhi will make it

well more hope than reckon... Ganguly :dry:
then again i like David Huss ... ahhh
One of them should in any case since both have to play a match apiece against the two bottom teams.

Delhi are even better placed since they have only one match left against the top three teams.

Between Chennai and Punjab Chennai are better placed since they have still to play both the weakest teams.

I would take Rajasthan and Chennai as certainities, Punjab as very likely and Delhi and Kolkata being the most likely of the others for the last spot. Mumbai are the dark horse.

duffer

Yeah it's quite amazing that we was so under-valued. Didn't anyone notice he was one of WA's better batsmen last season? His profile will be huge even if he does nothing for the rest of the tournament; even if he doesn't get much international duty, he'll be back with a huge price-tag next year!
What I've loved about him is how smart a batsman he seems to be. Totally composed and in control and does nothing pre-meditated. Just waits for the ball and plays the most appropriate shot available. High percentage and brilliantly executed cricket from him all the way through, can't wait till he makes the Aussie ODI team.

duffer

So what's the consensus? This tournament been any good?
Huge here in India, destroying everything else on at prime time ratings wise.

Cricket standard has actually been quite good too, as with any cricket there have been exciting matches mixed in with blowouts. Best part for me is seeing the continual improvements in the younger Indian players.

For the rest of the world I dunno, I guess I'll find out when I got back to Melbourne on the 27th but in India this tournament has got legs and next season with no salary cap I can't see any Internationals not wanting to be a part of it in the future.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Yea first few games were huge here.. i think on the first Saturday a heap of ppl watched it on tv

now it has died down, but still some interest.. it still gets reported on in the papers a bit.. and on sports news etc.
but i think its been successful here, i mean, it is footy season

biased indian

International Coach
Not bad...i have seen some people whom i never thought will take huge intrest in cricket doing the same now

i think its not bad but would have liked it to finish fast they could have had 2 game on more days

and the game since last week had all been not one sided and that in a way good also

duffer

Not bad...i have seen some people whom i never thought will take huge intrest in cricket doing the same now

i think its not bad but woul dhave liked it to finish fast they coul dhave had 2 game on more days
3PM games on weekdays (that are not public holidays) wouldn't get enough crowds. I like how the 8 starts gives people enough time after work/whatever to make it to the ground.

Been to a couple of games myself straight after work and saw a lot people doing the same.

And you're right about the new crowds. every match in India I've seen on TV before looked a veritable sausagefest but the matches I went to in Mumbai there was plenty of women young and old and a lot people who came as families. Was great stuff.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Kolkata Knight Riders have dropped five players, to cut costs. John Buchanan and Shah Rukh Khan cleverly disguise that as "They don't have to practise in the summer, so they have the option of leaving"

Oh my, I hate this team. Yes, there are some extras here, but when they drop veteran performers like Ranadeb Bose and Yashpal Singh, as well as promising youngster Cheteshwar Pujara, there's something seriously wrong- which is how Headlines Today feels about it. Hopefully they'll be relegated out of the IPL, like the Bengal team from Ranji Elite.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
"He's so humble, they've taken it in their stride"

Dreadful. For a change, we agree with the media. Likewise, even Kings XI Punjab do something as dire, sending back veteran wicketkeeper/batsman Pankaj Dharmani in the middle of the season. These filmstars sure have different ways of evaluating their players.