• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Flem274*

123/5
I'm not talking about his concentration in a game I'm talking about in a series.

Clearly him putting his hand through a pane of glass, while out on the booze all night during a series, shows he does not have the concentration to be a professional cricketer.
Oh you're talking about Ryder. Thought you were talking about McCullum.:laugh:

I think Englands plan late in the ODI series (make him play straight) was a decent idea. I've never seen him straight drive. It'll be interesting to see how he goes over the next year or so.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Redmond has been really pleasing this morning. Grinding out 30 and surviving the first session on a tough pitch is exactly what you want. Just hope he can do it consistently in the test series

Flem274*

123/5
My unfounded assertions surrounding the size of Ryders brain came on the back of THIS brazen comment.
As a batsman, if he bats at four then that would be a good place for him to bat. Yes there are issues, hopefully he can be kept on a short leash.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Ryder has only proven he's good opening with McCullum in ODIs against a rebuilding England ODI side.

I don't know where the hype about this guy succeeding in the longer form is coming from? Has he done anything to warrant inclusion into the test side if he didn't injure himself?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Redmond has been really pleasing this morning. Grinding out 30 and surviving the first session on a tough pitch is exactly what you want. Just hope he can do it consistently in the test series
How do you know it is tough? And what makes it so?

I do like green eggs and ham.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Ryder has only proven he's good opening with McCullum in ODIs against a rebuilding England ODI side.

I don't know where the hype about this guy succeeding in the longer form is coming from? Has he done anything to warrant inclusion into the test side if he didn't injure himself?
No he hasn't. But the fact our domestic form is crap demands he be in the frame.

Please change your meat helmet avatar.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
How do you know it is tough? And what makes it so?

I do like green eggs and ham.
The fact that two mediocre bowling attacks have runs through 13 wickets in the last 3 sessions is indicative of there being something there for the bowlers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

The hype about him succeeding in the longer form has to do with the fact that his FC record is markedly superior to his List A performances. Indeed, until he got a string of poor umpiring decisions at the start of this season, he had one of the best records on the circuit. Even now, an average above 42 is pretty good.

Last edited:

Leslie1

U19 Captain
At least he got our innings going, if we are going down in flames we might as well score some runs. Here comes Flynn. Please do better than 39 in this tour.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
The hype about him succeeding in the longer form has to do with the fact that his FC record is markedly superior to his List A performances. Indeed, until he got a string of poor umpiring decisions at the start of this season, he had one of the best records on the circuit. Even now, an average above 42 is pretty good.
True. Was busy rearranging my avatar seeing how Blakey complained twice about it.

Why did Fulton get picked for this tour if he's just a spare part to the overall scheme of things? With Styris and Ryder to come into the ODI squad and certain starters, Fulton is definitely on the outer realms of the selectors. Such a shame. Bad-mouthing the panel isn't so wise it seems.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flynn's best ever innings for NZ taking place at the moment - 7* (46)

Good man. Must have doubled his total number of runs for NZ in this knock.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Redmond to have secured his spot for the first test you'd think?

I still love the name Onions; one of those little things that makes me giggle like whenever my bus goes past a shop where the "T" in "Polo Shirts" has been scratched off the window.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Redmond was always likely; now he's certain.

Having learned of his ECC connections, I'll now be firmly hoping he does well this series, of course.