• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And Taylor goes, making me worry even more as to whether he's ready for the spot at the top level yet. Oh and about our continuously carp top order too.

Flem274*

123/5
I refuse to believe we can't score more runs than Luke Wright. I'd honestly prefer Glenn McGrath and Jason Gillespie scoring fifties again.

Come on Flynn/Fulton (cbf going on cricinfo), score some runs. I have faith in you Fulton.

I miss Stephen Fleming.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
I think it's McCullum. Flynn in after his quick-fire 30 odd I'm guessing. Actually, please prosper McCullum... he's due.

Flem274*

123/5
And Taylor goes, making me worry even more as to whether he's ready for the spot at the top level yet. Oh and about our continuously carp top order too.
So averaging 58 at home isn't ready for playing at the top? I think it was you and a few others as well criticising me for not rating him before the England series?:p

They'll pull through. Taylor and How have shown they can score runs.

Hoping Marhsall/Flynn prove that I'm righr in selecting Hay ahead of them though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So averaging 58 at home isn't ready for playing at the top? I think it was you and a few others as well criticising me for not rating him before the England series?:p

They'll pull through. Taylor and How have shown they can score runs.

Hoping Marhsall/Flynn prove that I'm righr in selecting Hay ahead of them though.
No I mean batting at number 4, especially without Fleming to blunt the new ball.

McCullum's already smacked 6 off 3 balls. It's pretty easy to see where this is going.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Looks like it's actually Hoggard who has pulled up, with Tremlett finishing his over and going on to snare Marshall and Taylor. That's bad news if this is the case and bbc sport/cricinfo aren't just stuffing up - Hoggard >>>>> Broad/Anderson/Harmison/everyone except Sidebottom and Flintoff (when fit) IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
No I mean batting at number 4, especially without Fleming to blunt the new ball.

McCullum's already smacked 6 off 3 balls. It's pretty easy to see where this is going.
Hope he does a Wright.

I pity our bowlers. I wonder why they get injured so often? hmmm....Our batsmen do have success and I don't wabt to sink the boot in early but if this turns into another innings that lasts only a day then the bowlers have every right to bowl fast bouncers at the batsmen in the nets.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Sick of McCullum coming in and smashing runs only to get out for 30 odd. Wonder if this will happen again today.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Also has the ability of drunk peanut. Until he acquires a brain atleast the size of a dried out walnut then he shouldn't be in the team.

Couldn't concentrate for an ODI series think he could do it for tests?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ryder bats at four for Wellington doesn't he? Sounds logical to me.
Yeah, and he is a more naturally talented batsman than Taylor (even if Taylor clearly has the better temperament and work ethic). Given that number 4 is usually reserved for your best batsman, Taylor having it at the moment is probably fair, but if Ryder can get his act together (and hasn't already stuffed his finger) then he should hold on to it over the next decade.

Flem274*

123/5
Also has the ability of drunk peanut. Until he acquires a brain atleast the size of a dried out walnut then he shouldn't be in the team.

Couldn't concentrate for an ODI series think he could do it for tests?
This is where I disagree. People are getting a bit harsh imo. He has ability and is commited to the team. In ODIs he's been excellent lately. Once he finds his pace in tests he'll be much better for it.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
I'm not talking about his concentration in a game I'm talking about in a series.

Clearly him putting his hand through a pane of glass, while out on the booze all night during a series, shows he does not have the concentration to be a professional cricketer.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, and he is a more naturally talented batsman than Taylor (even if Taylor clearly has the better temperament and work ethic). Given that number 4 is usually reserved for your best batsman, Taylor having it at the moment is probably fair, but if Ryder can get his act together (and hasn't already stuffed his finger) then he should hold on to it over the next decade.
Hope Fulton and Hay sort their technical issues, then we'll have a batting order that could actualy give us the advantage rather than be a liability.

That said, I really hope Redmond, Marshall and Flynn score big. England with the cruel press and other influences must be a tough place for debutants or those on the comeback trail.