• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Laurrz

International Debutant
Great to see White in the runs finally :D and the Vics in general doing well
Seems to have been unlucky going out though :(

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It was definitely a poor display by him today. He needs to show that he deserves his place as a batsman, not that he will be dropped by KKR as we both know.
His running also has been as slow as ever...He's looking more aged than he is when he's at the crease...Probably things will change soon as we all know he knows how to come back (though I doubt if he'll ever come back in Indian ODI side again, if not both Gambhir and Sehwag are injured)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Please don't paint this as a Dravid vs Ganguly political bull**** battle.
Not at all, but Ganguly's celebration after getting Dravid was partly because of that reason; those who know him know this...He'll never admit that in public though...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
180 kph... probably :) ... Balaji becomes Superman then... We would have to create another of those pointless comparison threads then with polling option 'Balaji vs Superman'...
Obviously, superman doesn't stand a chance but I guess it would still be fun...... :p ;)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously, superman doesn't stand a chance but I guess it would still be fun...... :p ;)
Yeah I guess Superman will lose because he never played tests, and some CW members will compare him with the unlucky RSA players, and some will say "though Balaji was a better test bowler, Superman will probably be remembered more as a legend"...Only our bad luck that we won't be able to compare the two based on their career stats...Then some knowledgeable members will yell "It's not the familiarity with stats, but the knowledge about the game that matters".

pasag

RTDAS
I fell asleep half-way through the innings, can someone explain to me wtf happened?

How did Bangalore lose?

That being said, everytime Bangalore lose, I love them even more.

I am a Richmond Tigers AFL supporter after all, I'm used to losses.
Hmm, I think it's more a mindset thing for Bangalore. They certainly have the players to do well, Misbah and White are two of the best T20 players in the world (who should be starting in every game, ffs) and their bowlers are world class (although haven't been delivering the goods so it's more on paper). I think they might lack one or two younger Indian future batting stars as well, your Rhoit Sharma's etc. It could be a captaincy thing, tbh, I'm not saying it necessarily is, but Dravid just doesn't seem the rallying the troops type which they really need atm.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good national prospect 2-3 years down the line if properly groomed...
I remember a lot of talk about him when he was an U-19 player. People were saying he was in the same class as a prospect as Uthappa, but then I never heard much about him since. Good to see he's come on, the more young batting prospects the better once the big 4 are gone.

duffer

Hmm, I think it's more a mindset thing for Bangalore. They certainly have the players to do well, Misbah and White are two of the best T20 players in the world (who should be starting in every game, ffs) and their bowlers are world class (although haven't been delivering the goods so it's more on paper). I think they might lack one or two younger Indian future batting stars as well, your Rhoit Sharma's etc. It could be a captaincy thing, tbh, I'm not saying it necessarily is, but Dravid just doesn't seem the rallying the troops type which they really need atm.
It's only speculation on my part but they don't look like they have the same team spirit that the other sides have. Most other teams look like they're enjoying the tournament a lot more and Bangalore players seem pretty edgy most of the time I see them.

Like you said mentally something's not right there for the squad. As for the prospects, Virat Kohli is the only one who's stood out for me in their side. The rest of their youngsters look pretty mediocre for mine.

duffer

Kolkata have played Ganguly, W. Saha, A.Dinda, D. Das and Shukla before and they are all Bengal players.
Good to see IMO. There was plenty of talk about spectators not having any local players to identify with but KKR, Chennai and Delhi seem to have gotten a good balance in.