• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree. That was absolutely ridiculous. Probably the worst MOTM decision I've ever seen.
Gambhir was the best player in that match but they must've thought someone on the winning team had to be named MOM. And looking at Chennai's performances there wasn't any real standout performances just a bunch of good ones.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gambhir was the best player in that match but they must've thought someone on the winning team had to be named MOM. And looking at Chennai's performances there wasn't any real standout performances just a bunch of good ones.
Even then, I felt Morkel contributed more than Dhoni.

sideshowtim

Banned
There were at least 5 players who CLEARLY outplayed Dhoni in that match. CLEARLY. In fact, Dhoni scoring at comfortably below the required rate almost cost his side the game. It was just an abysmal decision.

And if they have to give it to someone on the winning side, Morkel, Fleming and Vidyut all CLEARLY outplayed Dhoni too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah agreed, I was with 3 other mates, and we were all like WTF.

I reckon Dhoni was a bit perplexed himself tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
so imagine when he lets rip off the front of his hands then......... :-O :p
180 kph... probably :) ... Balaji becomes Superman then... We would have to create another of those pointless comparison threads then with polling option 'Balaji vs Superman'...
Obviously, superman doesn't stand a chance but I guess it would still be fun...... :p ;)
God damn it I can see it now. Balaji is the next AA of CW.

:p

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeh completely agree with others on Dhoni reciving the MOTM, it was the most bizzare thing i've ever seen. Gambir or even Morkel deserved it more than Dhoni. Absolute bull****.

GGG

State Captain
Chennai player of the match in this order

Morkel 2/35 and 30 of 15 balls
Flemming 44 of 28 balls
Vidyut 40 of 23 balls
Dhoni 33 of 33 balls

. If it wasn't for Gony's 13 off 5 balls at the end Dhoni's innings would of lost them the game.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne is too good. Consistently taking wickets and has great all-round bowling figures for the IPL.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Pathan looking like a very good player.
Which one? Irfan is queitly putting out very impressive bowling stats, through a string of performances rather than one or two abnormal spells. Is among the leaders in economy rate, strike rate, bowling average and number of wickets. But is yet to do much with the bat (which a scant few weeks ago seemed like his one ticket out of mediocre bowler hell).

Yusuf is appearing like the batting find of the tournament - outdoing Yuvraj, Dhoni and Uthappa by every single measure up to this point in this tounament. He is an OK off-spinner, but his team (having Warne,Watson,Munaf,Tanvir,Trivedi) appears to have a diminished need for his bowling services.

pasag

RTDAS
How good are the Royals, dead set. Frothin' so hard on them at the moment.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.
Amazing how they got up from 0/50 after 6 overs (or whatever off the top of my head), thought the game was pretty much over then so to turn it around so convincingly was incredible.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Yeh completely agree with others on Dhoni reciving the MOTM, it was the most bizzare thing i've ever seen. Gambir or even Mørkel deserved it more than Dhoni. Absolute bull****.
IPL seems to have a pretty strict rule/precedent for MOTM to be from the winning side, though in this instance - Dhoni didnt even deserve that.