• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With Hayden and Hussey gone, I'd love to see Badrinath moved up the order and given a go at building a big innings.

I'm assuming Ntini and Fleming are the two who'd be coming in for them but who's replacing Oram? Would be chuffed to see Vidyut get a go, heard he's got talent and he's also a cosuin of one of my high school mates. Adopting Chennai as my second team while Mumbai struggle.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Most Likely Team to Win IPL (according to me): Daredevils (best balance)
Still Supporting: Knight Riders (home calling :) ) and Indians (for Sachin, Pollock and Uthappa)

Laurrz

International Debutant
Lara! ... I'm afraid Lara's batting style is much much different from Yuvi's and anyone who has seen both of them batting will agree ... Lara's batting style is as much different from Yuvi's as Sachin's batting style is from DeSilva's (or from any other right-handed batsman for that matter :) )...
do you think so? im not Lara's #1 supporter but i believe the high backlift and easy follow through means there is some similarity with Yuvi

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
do you think so? im not Lara's #1 supporter but i believe the high backlift and easy follow through means there is some similarity with Yuvi
And the 'jump and dance'?...Lara's jumping and coming towards off stump isn't similar to anyone's batting technique at least in the last 15 years of cricket...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And the 'jump and dance'?...Lara's jumping and coming towards off stump isn't similar to anyone's batting technique at least in the last 15 years of cricket...
to be honest, when he is in good nick he never did that and he only picked it up after 2000 or so anyways.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
to be honest, when he is in good nick he never did that and he only picked it up after 2000 or so anyways.
Lara averaged 48.56 till 2000 and 59.01 after 2000...so if he picked it up after 2000 then he did it when he was in good nick...

though I feel he used to do it before 2000 as well...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Warne - is he the best skipper Australia never had?
It is really sad he didn't get the captaincy run he deserved with Australia.

the Rajastan Royals and Shane Warne, in particular, to me, have made it all worth it. The man is a genius. I always knew he had a great cricket brain but to me, he is now showing that he is a great team man as well. The way he inspires youngsters is masterful. He is now officially the captain of my all time XI. Screw you, Bradman. :p If the Don has a problem with it, he is out of my team. ;)
I saw and followed him captain Hampshire and he was amazing with them as well. In the league of Cronje and Taylor among those I have seen.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Can you post the link?....As far as I am concerned, Gul just said, "This format is new for Ganguly...He is finding it difficult. He has to learn a few more tricks. We also have to find the right combination and rhythm."...which is not at all as attacking as it seems from your post...In fact from the quote it seems he's trying to defend his captain.
This is not on any website. I read it on the newsbar of Headlines Today- that large orange bar with white fonts (since you too are in India, you must have come across it). That programme came between 12:00pm and 12:25 pm and they were discussing the Warne-Ganguly tussle as well as these new comments from Gul. I didn't watch any other channel then- and left shortly after, and returned now.

cheesypuff

Cricket Spectator
Dilshan, misbah

Hey there, I was just wondering if any of you knew why misbah ul haq and dilshan havent been given a chance in the ipl? misbah was brilliant in the international 20 20s and dilshan is a very good aggresive batsman? They are both in my fantasy team and I dont understand why there not playing any1 know?

duffer

Wow, anyone hear Shane's sledging of Ganguly on extraa innings just then? "Justice will get to you Sourav, justice will get you" :huh:

Considering that Warney's got his fair share of decisions through his ability to work an umpire a bit hypocritical on his part?

duffer

Hey there, I was just wondering if any of you knew why misbah ul haq and dilshan havent been given a chance in the ipl? misbah was brilliant in the international 20 20s and dilshan is a very good aggresive batsman? They are both in my fantasy team and I dont understand why there not playing any1 know?
Dilshan is meh, but Misbah I agree should be playing. Now that Ross Taylor is gone he should be able to slot into his spot.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Coming back to the Deccan Plateau for a change. Here is a map that shows the area clearly. The darkened area is it.

So it does include the city of Bangalore.

Deccan comes from the sanskrit word 'dakshin' meaning South.

Scaly piscine

Hehe.

Bowled off a no-ball.
Free hit goes for 4 and it was a no-ball.
Free hit goes for 4.
Bowled off a legal delivery.

So that's err 0.2-0-10-1

Dusty Lee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
These Indian cricketers are a disgrace. After what happend in Australia this summer we thought the aussies may have been partly to blame. Doesn't seem like it now. Gangully won't walk after an out field catch. He wouldn't walk here either, he stood his ground like a bad sport. Harbajahn is just a trouble making tool. There is no doubt in my mind now that he did racially abuse Symmonds. Cricket is supposed to be a gentlemans game and here he is b*tch slapping his own Indian team mate. What a nob. As for Sreesanth, well what can we say, what a big phony, he made headlines before he came out saying "Look out aussies I'm coming", ha what a joke, he's all talk. He's not tough after all he's just a little sook. The Indian cricket machine is getting too big for its own good now there players are starting to get caught in all the hype and think there bullet proof, all except Sreesanth that is he just wants a box of tissues and his mum.

duffer

These Indian cricketers are a disgrace. After what happend in Australia this summer we thought the aussies may have been partly to blame. Doesn't seem like it now. Gangully won't walk after an out field catch. He wouldn't walk here either, he stood his ground like a bad sport. Harbajahn is just a trouble making tool. There is no doubt in my mind now that he did racially abuse Symmonds. Cricket is supposed to be a gentlemans game and here he is b*tch slapping his own Indian team mate. What a nob. As for Sreesanth, well what can we say, what a big phony, he made headlines before he came out saying "Look out aussies I'm coming", ha what a joke, he's all talk. He's not tough after all he's just a little sook. The Indian cricket machine is getting too big for its own good now there players are starting to get caught in all the hype and think there bullet proof, all except Sreesanth that is he just wants a box of tissues and his mum.
Yeah, Aussie athletes are so well behaved. Jolly good sports too