• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

CDAK

U19 Debutant
I found these player are similar in many ways

Mahela-- Rohit Sharma (the stance,the composure..)]
Yuvraj- Shaun Marsh ( stunning similarities in stroke making to the legs, Stance,figure..)
Sehvag- Ravi Bopara ( the looks, Stance..)

Laurrz

International Debutant

Yuvraj- Shaun Marsh ( stunning similarities in stroke making to the legs, Stance,figure..)
agreed a lot with Mahela - Rohit actually...

Yuvraj Shaun Marsh is interesting.. havent seen Marsh bat so if hes anything like Yuvraj than im excited!

Laurrz

International Debutant
Warne - is he the best skipper Australia never had?

Was great to see him hook into Ganguly too. I know Sourav's used to getting his way in India, but how in hell did the 3rd umpire give that Smith catch not out?

If that's the standard of video umpiring, maybe we shouldn't have technology.
I have not seen the footage but as soon as a catch is referred..it will always be not out... dont like technology because of this...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Royals bowling is poor but Kolkata certainly has some more than handy bowlers. With Smith struggling here, imagine how Hoggard and co. will embarrass him again in England.
Smith struggling in IPL?....What the hell are you saying?....Are you saying that on the basis of 1 match?...Have you seen the previous 2 matches?....If 1 batsman except Watson in RRC is not struggling, that's Smith...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Now Umar Gul lashes out at Ganguly in a press conference, which I picked up on Headlines Today:
  • "He is not a good T20 captain"
  • "He has not had enough T20 experience"
  • "He does not consult the team when making decisions"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Now Umar Gul lashes out at Ganguly in a press conference, which I picked up on Headlines Today:
KKR falling apart???????? :(

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
i give you one guess who will be dropped next match. :laugh:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah...Marsh' style is a lot like Yuvi...Agreed...For the first time I saw a lefty whose batting style is a lot like Yuvi...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Can you post the link?....As far as I am concerned, Gul just said, "This format is new for Ganguly...He is finding it difficult. He has to learn a few more tricks. We also have to find the right combination and rhythm."...which is not at all as attacking as it seems from your post...In fact from the quote it seems he's trying to defend his captain.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's good to see Watson with condfidence in himself. Warne is a master.
Watson looks easily the most relaxed he has since the champions trophy in 06.

And I loved all the niggle with Ganguly yesterday, even before the disputed catch. Warne seemed to start it as soon as Ganguly came out to bat, then Smith seemed to decided to chip in, and then even Watson was at it with a big smile on his face after he'd been hit for four and seemed to get warned by the umpire about it.

It is good to see the Rajasthan players enjoying themselves so much, it makes them really good fun to watch. I'm really enjoying watching Pathan and Jadeja especially amongst the Indian players... two players I didn't even know existed before this and I think I'll be following what they're up to once the IPL has finished.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Completely agree with Gul.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Yuvraj Shaun Marsh is interesting.. havent seen Marsh bat so if hes anything like Yuvraj than im excited!
Many shared the same view,yesterday while they were in the middle; i think Rameez also commented the same. (It was quiet confusing who played a shot, once it was on to the legside).Young Marsh is a good prospect..

Laurrz

International Debutant
Yeah...Marsh' style is a lot like Yuvi...Agreed...For the first time I saw a lefty whose batting style is a lot like Yuvi...
Lara :ph34r: :ph34r:
:p

just saw highlights and id have to agree with the rest of you... i couldnt tell if it was Yuvraj or Marsh!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And I loved all the niggle with Ganguly yesterday, even before the disputed catch. Warne seemed to start it as soon as Ganguly came out to bat, then Smith seemed to decided to chip in, and then even Watson was at it with a big smile on his face after he'd been hit for four and seemed to get warned by the umpire about it.

Apparently Sourav gave the Royals the Steve Waugh treatment and made the opening batsmen wait five minutes in the sun before he let his team onto the pitch. Same thing happened when it was Sourav's turn to bat, made the who Rajasthan side wait a few minutes before he decided to make an entrance.

The niggle was basiacally Warne telling him "this game's not about you." Should've seen the press conference after, Shane was laying into him left, right, centre. :laugh:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lara :ph34r: :ph34r:
:p

just saw highlights and id have to agree with the rest of you... i couldnt tell if it was Yuvraj or Marsh!
Lara! ... I'm afraid Lara's batting style is much much different from Yuvi's and anyone who has seen both of them batting will agree ... Lara's batting style is as much different from Yuvi's as Sachin's batting style is from DeSilva's (or from any other right-handed batsman for that matter :) )...