• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nash to the Windies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Semi-Final vs Guyana

9-1-20-4, including some talented batsmen, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin and Leon Johnson. But he wasn't tested by having to face Ramnaresh Sarwan and Shivnarine Chanderpaul. He got out for 10 later in the game, though Jamaica won it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Player-for-player, there's not a whole lot of quality in this tournament. And certainly not in the Guyanese team. Not proven quality, at least. You could hardly have been expected to fail against a team lacking Sarwan and Chanderpaul.

And the tournament structure is pretty poor.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good first season. In contention for WI selection but that's not hard to do is it........

brockley

International Captain
Has brendon nash been cleared by the ICC to represent the west indies.Seems he has had a striling season,at least a call up to the A team would suffice.

Craig

World Traveller
Who was the last white cricketer to play for the West Indies? I can't remember his name off the top of my head for the life of mine.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If Nash plays for WI then it makes the game a laughing stock.
Changing my opinion here. Didnt realise his father was an international athlete for Jam. My mistake.

There still needs to be clarity on what makes a player avaialble for each country. England always very strict.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Changing my opinion here. Didnt realise his father was an international athlete for Jam. My mistake.

There still needs to be clarity on what makes a player avaialble for each country. England always very strict.
Think we're willfully hamstringing ourselves by making UK-passported, but foreign-born players serve a qualification that (by my reading of the ICC's law on eligibility) isn't required unless they've represented another country at any level.

Burgey

Sounds like he had a decent domestic season. How is he rated in the Windies?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well he walked into the Jamaican side with a big reputation, purely because he's a product of a superior Australian system. For good reason, I'd say. He's better than every Jamaican batsman barring Gayle right now. Considered a pretty handy allrounder as far as I can tell. Personally, I think he needs to do more before he's considered for West Indies. Another strong season next year is needed. He definitely seems hungry for Test cricket though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He put up good numbers in the trial matches for selection. Didn't just walk into the team because he's Australian. Made runs and got selected for Jamaica. He confirms what we know about WI FC cricket though.