• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

howardj

International Coach
Not a fan of Queensland players I see. Hopes is dire though.

Still prefer this side though

1. P Hughes
2. P Jaques
3. R Ponting
4. M Clarke
5. S Katich
6. B Haddin
7. S Watson
8. B Lee
9. N Bracken
10. S Clark
11. D Bollinger
Lambert just edged out by Watson;

and Ponting line-ball with Mail.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Clarke
Hayden
Ponting
Mike Hussey
Symonds
Dave Hussey
Haddin
Noffke
Lee
Heal
Bracken

tbh.

howardj

International Coach
The boys go into camp up here tomorrow, and then fly out on Friday.

How awesome would it be to be a reserve on this tour (i.e. outside of the First XI).

Party time for chaps like Casson and Bollinger.

Be packing their drinking shoes and swimming trunks for sure.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
indeed, he is such a pivotal pivotal player for us

and proves to be one for Chennai too :happy:
Yeah it's funny how Haydos often proves to be a pivotal player for just about every side he plays for. Of course Hussain and Atherton were better players, though.

:blink:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's funny how Haydos often proves to be a pivotal player for just about every side he plays for. Of course Hussain and Atherton were better players, though.

:blink:
:laugh: I think there was a top 20 of better players.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The West Indies selectors on Tuesday named 17 players to participate in a training camp in preparation for the Digicel Home Series 2008 against Australia.

The camp will run from May 12 to 17 in Antigua.

The Digicel Home Series 2008 between West Indies and Australia will have three Test matches (Sabina Park, Jamaica May 22-26), (Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua (May 30 to June 3), and (Kensington Oval, Barbados (June 12-16).

There will be five One-Day Internationals (Arnos Vale, St. Vincent June 24), (Grenada National Stadium, June 27 and 29), (Warner, Park, St. Kitts July 4 and 6)and a Twenty20 International at Kensington Oval, Barbados (June 20).

FULL SQUAD:

Sulieman Benn, Patrick Browne, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Fidel Edwards, Ryan Hinds, Amit Jaggernauth, Runako Morton, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Devon Smith, Brenton Parchment, William Perkins, Keiron Pollard, Daren Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Kemar Roach, Jerome Taylor.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think this series is going to be more competitive than a lot of people think. WI took a test off SA in SA recently, and they have a pretty good middle order. Their bowling's raw, but I could seem them knocking Australia over cheaply a few timesm with Jaques yet to establish himself fully and Ponting out of sorts.

Reckon they might jag a test tbh.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Windies are a dangerous team.. their bowlers have lots of potential...and are learning to be more consistent and hit the right areas
The batting is where i hope the Aussie bowlers can completely keep them in check... but it could be tricky with Sarwan Shiv, and the others seem to gain confidence from the Lankan tests (although still it was mainly Sarwan and Shiv, and Lankans dont have genuine quicks like Lee or Johnson)

It's just hit me that this series is on soon, im actually excited, no Aussie cricket in ages

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think this series is going to be more competitive than a lot of people think. WI took a test off SA in SA recently, and they have a pretty good middle order. Their bowling's raw, but I could seem them knocking Australia over cheaply a few timesm with Jaques yet to establish himself fully and Ponting out of sorts.

Reckon they might jag a test tbh.
Hah, I thought I was the only one nervous about this. I hope it's not one of those Test series where a new generation of WIndies attack appears.