• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be interesting to see what happens if the top six all have big series. Will Clarke come right back in, or will he have to wait? Interesting news to say the least, especially given he gave up IPL money to prepare for this tour.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Remember discussion about Midge in this thread
One of the most memorable aspects of Johnson's performances was his tendency to deliver a wide, full offering outside off stump early in his spell. For much of the summer he was trying to correct a faulty wrist position that prevented the ball from swinging in to the right-handers. It is something he is continuing to monitor, but insists is not a problem.

"I have been working on it, but I'm not going to go out in games and be too worried about it," he said. "If it's swinging, it's swinging. If it's not swinging, I will still be trying to hit the deck hard."

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Right, well according to Andy Roberts, the reasons for Nikita Miller being excluded from the training sqaud:

1.Spinners have been selected in the past and the captains have not used them.
2. Lara campaigned for Dave Mohammed and did not bowl him.
3. Rawl Lewis was selected for SA, he may not have been the right choice, however he was not bowled much.

You have to wonder sometimes how the WI manage to win matches. Why pick Jaggernauth and Benn then? :laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's some pretty ridiculous reasoning. Andy Roberts was a fine bowler, but he's either very gullible or pretty stupid.

But I don't rate Nikita Miller as Test class. He's improving, but he's not the kind of offspinner that is likely to do well at the top level. The main advantage that Jaggernauth has ahead of Miller is a doosra.

roseboy64

Yes, Jaggernauth is ahead of Miller but Miller's ahead of Benn. But if you're picking Perkins, Parchment and Pollard for match practice when the ODs are weeks after the camp ends.......It can't be for Tests they're considered when they're not into the top 20 run makers this FC season. Probaly not even top 30. Wouldn't be surprised if they're in the Test sqaud though. Jackson, Nash, Parris and Johnson scored more runs than either of them, all first timers.But you know, they've done a brilliant job over the years so they know what they're doing right?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pollard was the 18th highest runscorer this year actually. He had a mediocre season, but he was in the top 20, and certainly in the top 30. Nash is not more worthy than Pollard though. Nash had a good season this season - his first in WI. And by "good", I mean he played very well against T&T and was mediocre against everyone else. Pollard had as good a season last year. Pollard has proven nothing, but neither has Nash. Just because Nash is Australian does not push him ahead in the pecking order.

roseboy64

Did you see the Challenge Final? If you saw that you'd know why I'm not big on Pollard. Based on what I've heard from Roberts anyway, Pollard, Perkins and Parchment aren't in contention for Tests.

howardj

International Coach
Hope they're are hour long highlight packages, of the previous day's play, like Fox normally do. That's the only way I'll get to see much of it.

Debris

International 12th Man
Will be interesting to see what happens if the top six all have big series. Will Clarke come right back in, or will he have to wait? Interesting news to say the least, especially given he gave up IPL money to prepare for this tour.
I don't think he gave up IPL to prepared for this tour. I think he skipped IPL for same reason that he is missing this tour.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Did you see the Challenge Final? If you saw that you'd know why I'm not big on Pollard. Based on what I've heard from Roberts anyway, Pollard, Perkins and Parchment aren't in contention for Tests.
You totally missed the point of my post then. I was talking about Nash being in the same boat as Pollard. Unworthy of selection.

It was a post about Nash, more than Pollard.

sideshowtim

Banned
I don't think he gave up IPL to prepared for this tour. I think he skipped IPL for same reason that he is missing this tour.
You're right.

It's hard to imagine every batsman having a wonderful tour, though. I reckon Symo might struggle...The order just looks weaker with him there rather than another batsman...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha. He said in the press he was using the time to prepare for the tour and to also spend some time with his father.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
This will be the most exciting thing if Katich and Symonds do perform well, I think it will interesting to see what happens if Symonds doesn't go as well as he has, baring in mind the Aussie all-rounder search.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Nah, he is in good 20/20 form. We all saw what happened to Yuvraj when he was selected on the back of such performances.