• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a program where you watch streaming of stuff... crickets frequently on there

could be dangerous for comp tho... viruses and nasty things like that
Won't bother. Most of it will be on when I'm asleep anyway, can pop up to the olds' place on the weekends if I'm desperate.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Won't bother. Most of it will be on when I'm asleep anyway, can pop up to the olds' place on the weekends if I'm desperate.
yea will start at 1am i recn, *sigh

on weekends i'll sleep late but on weekdays will try to get up early

radio coverage would be nice - but that very unlikely

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sulieman Benn, Patrick Browne, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Fidel Edwards, Ryan Hinds, Amit Jaggernauth, Runako Morton, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Devon Smith, Brenton Parchment, William Perkins, Keiron Pollard, Daren Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Kemar Roach, Jerome Taylor.
The ones highlighted have no hope of doing anything except be unknown quantities to the Aussies. I hope sincerely that people like Barath, Bennett, Nash, and Miller are ahead in the pecking order and will at least be in the Tour match team. The highlighte dones are hopefully just there for the camp to gain exposure and whatnot because if they're in contention ahead of the others I named the selectors have hit new lows.

pasag

RTDAS
a program where you watch streaming of stuff... crickets frequently on there

could be dangerous for comp tho... viruses and nasty things like that
Not allowed to talk about that on CW, cheers.

Anyways, don't know why people are worried, should be a thrashing and a nice easy tour for our out of form players to get back into form.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyways, don't know why people are worried, should be a thrashing and a nice easy tour for our out of form players to get back into form.
Agreed. Im quite happy to take an Avatar bet on Aus not losing a Test.

Will be an easy series.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The ones highlighted have no hope of doing anything except be unknown quantities to the Aussies. I hope sincerely that people like Barath, Bennett, Nash, and Miller are ahead in the pecking order and will at least be in the Tour match team. The highlighte dones are hopefully just there for the camp to gain exposure and whatnot because if they're in contention ahead of the others I named the selectors have hit new lows.
I was right. Just there for match practice.
Not allowed to talk about that on CW, cheers.

Agreed. Im quite happy to take an Avatar bet on Aus not losing a Test.

Will be an easy series.
These posts should be remembered at the end of the series.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Put me on the 'WI won't even win a Test' list and associated avatar bet.

If they win the series, I'll bet my avatar permanently.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Am worried about Johnson in overseas Tests. Still treading water in regards to his Test place and if he reverts to bowling unthreatening wide balls - which is often - it's a gaping hole in our attack, which can't be plugged by Warnie anymore. Honestly can't see us taking 20 wickets with any ease overseas with two seamers and a half-crocked MacGill. Not even 20 Windies wickets.

Would breathe easier with Noffke in there. Quality no. 8, too.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am worried about Johnson in overseas Tests. Still treading water in regards to his Test place and if he reverts to bowling unthreatening wide balls - which is often - it's a gaping hole in our attack, which can't be plugged by Warnie anymore. Honestly can't see us taking 20 wickets with any ease overseas with two seamers and a half-crocked MacGill. Not even 20 Windies wickets.

Would breathe easier with Noffke in there. Quality no. 8, too.
I got the feeling from Johnson's bowling of full wide deliveries that he was just struggling for rhythm a bit. He's usually at the batsmen and moving them away so I think the Aussie heirarchy have been encouraging him to work at his in-swinger. This obviously necessitates him throwing them a bit wider, playing for the swing which on a lot of occasions didn't come because he's not used to bowling that way. I reckon he'll put the experimentation in the cupboard for a while and bowl a bit straighter against the WI.

If he doesn't go too well in the first couple of Tests then throwing Noffers in there would be a legitimate option. But Johnson has chipped-in enough with a few wickets here and there and been threatening enough that he should be in the XI for the first Test. I reckon it would be unfair in the extreme to drop a young bloke who bowled his guts out and didn't go for many runs and, a few spells notwithstanding, was at least threatening. I'm really going on a gut feeling more than anything but I just think he needs a little more faith, a bit more time and he'll start ripping out some sides.

howardj

International Coach
Looking forward to this series.

Hopefully the Tests are still going by the Friday and Saturday nights. ha

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've just heard Clarke has pulled out/will pull out of this tour in its entirety. Good source, yet to confirm the reasons though.

howardj

International Coach
I've just heard Clarke has pulled out/will pull out of this tour in its entirety. Good source, yet to confirm the reasons though.
You're meant to say that:

"My spies have informed me..."

Anyway, confirmed.

Hodgey gets a reprieve. Frankly, I'm surprised DHuss didn't get called up.

sideshowtim

Banned
You're meant to say that:

"My spies have informed me..."

Anyway, confirmed.

Hodgey gets a reprieve. Frankly, I'm surprised DHuss didn't get called up.
Me too.

This should mean that Katich gets the spot in the team, though. What a superb comeback from a man whose international career was thought almost certainly dead 12 months ago. He certainly deserves the spot.

howardj

International Coach
My spies now tell me that he is only 'in doubt' and may just be leaving a bit later than the rest of the squad. If I'm leaked anymore information, I will let you know as it comes to hand.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Nooo poor pup :(

He would've been perfect on these slow and low tracks...also his SLA and fielding as usual would've been handy.. that said Katman isnt a bad replacement at all as can bowl a bit and field well... and also play on those kind of tracks well

Hope he guns it

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can't believe Hodge got the call-up, Huss clearly deserved it more.
I don't think Hodge is confirmed as cricinfo states

"Michael Hussey has been handed the vice-captaincy and a shadow player, probably Brad Hodge, will be named when the selection panel meets.

aussie tragic

International Captain
With Clarke out, only 2 of the likely first Test XI will now be under 30

Jaques - 29
Hayden - 36
Ponting - 33
Hussey - 33
Katich – 32
Symonds - 32
Haddin - 30
Lee - 31
Johnson - 26
Clark - 32
MacGill - 37

Imagine if Noffke (31) plays ahead of Johnson, Jaques then becomes the only under 30 (just)