• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

kingkallis

International Coach
Did He confess to you ? The guy chose to bat after winning the toss.
Its not the Dinosaur era anymore dude!

I saw it on TV. Anil was not happy with the grass on the pitch and it was showing on almost all news channels as well...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thank god Rahul got some runs under his belt last time around. We need him to be there for a long long time now. Laxman won't have the problem of potentially runnng out of partners either. Break this partnership and we're well up **** creek without a paddle.

biased indian

International Coach
ha ha...what are they doing.....retains RP....and then replace tendulkar with a Bowler who can bat.....the team selection is horrible ..i dont think any one in there wildest dream would have thought india would pick this 11....

And we are already 2 down and 2 more wickets and we are finished with our batsmen :(

kingkallis

International Coach
I dont think wicket is playing that badly, its Jaffer and Sehwag who threw away their wicket!

They should have added Chawla ahead of RP as this wicket will start assisting spinners from Day 4

And yeah I am gonna be there on Saturday / Sunday ;)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dont think wicket is playing that badly, its Jaffer and Sehwag who threw away their wicket!

They should have added Chawla ahead of RP as this wicket will start assisting spinners from Day 4

And yeah I am gonna be there on Saturday / Sunday ;)
I don't really know about Jaffer "throwing his wicket away" - he got a good ball and defended the wrong line.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really know about Jaffer "throwing his wicket away" - he got a good ball and defended the wrong line.
It was a silly bit of fishing though. He was neither here nor there for it.

3/30 means we're in major strife now. Could've done with a Kaify in there.

kingkallis

International Coach
Defended a wrong line! Dude, its international cricket and it seems he was too much carried away by that superb 4 in the cover

Anyways we are in deep ****t @ the moment

India 30/3

R_D

International Debutant
Adelaide or Eden Gardens? Which one are going to see?
was hoping for either but i guess not...... there is always Dada i guess. Although must say don't have much confidence in him or Dhoni.... i hold more confidence on Pathan scoring than either of the 2 but i could be proven wrong i guess.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Defended a wrong line! Dude, its international cricket and it seems he was too much carried away by that superb 4 in the cover
So if someone gets out soon after hitting a four, they are automatically "carried away" with it? Honestly, it's not like he played a big expansive drive to a wide one; he was defending! Not a great piece of batting but I certainly wouldn't say he threw his wicket away.

Awful, awful shot from Ganguly as I type.

kingkallis

International Coach
Kaif would have been a better option!

Well - dont you guys think we should have bowled first? We have 3 seamers in the team so...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kaif would have been a better option!

Well - dont you guys think we should have bowled first? We have 3 seamers in the team so...
You also have two spinners in the team though, so...

In hindsight it's easy to say that, but it was the right decision at the time IMO. It's simply been a case of South Africa using the conditions well and India batting horribly.