• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Dissector

International Debutant
I am normally a big fan of Dravid but this is disappointing stuff. Sometimes even in a test match you need to push the scoring and this is one of those times. I don't think a strike rate of 37 is justified given the pitch and match situation. The bottom line is that Dravid has undone a fair bit of Sehwag's good work and made it harder for India to push for a win.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
ok according to you waht would have been the ideal score now..??

and wht would be the ideal score and time at which india would declare their inngs ??
At this time India should have been atleast 40-50 runs ahead.
So they could have declared at tea with a lead of about 170-180 or even batted for a few overs after tea if wickets were remaining to get a lead of about 225 and then had a crack at saffers for 110 overs.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ok according to you waht would have been the ideal score now..??

and wht would be the ideal score and time at which india would declare their inngs ??
well, I'd imagine the ideal score now would be about 500 ahead. And India would declare now and bowl themselves to victory halfway through the last day.

That'd be a bit unrealistic though I suppose, and I should add I'm not really even following the match :ph34r:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am normally a big fan of Dravid but this is disappointing stuff. Sometimes even in a test match you need to push the scoring and this is one of those times. I don't think a strike rate of 37 is justified given the pitch and match situation. The bottom line is that Dravid has undone a fair bit of Sehwag's good work and made it harder for India to push for a win.
Exactly.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
SA will end that session with some smiles. They need to get Laxman wicket now. That's important now. Ntini needs to probe him out side of stump with some bounce. Ntini got to take the initiative

biased indian

International Coach
At this time India should have been atleast 40-50 runs ahead.
So they could have declared at tea with a lead of about 170-180 or even batted for a few overs after tea if wickets were remaining to get a lead of about 225 and then had a crack at saffers for 110 overs.
ok so u want india to have 110 overs at SA rite

there is still 65 overs left for the day..so that mean 43 overs left for india to get the 170-180 lead u r talking about..to achieve that we just have to go at 4 an over...if we are not all out we would easly achive that ...

i thought you wanted us to have some 300 run lead :wacko:

biased indian

International Coach
SA will end that session with some smiles. They need to get Laxman wicket now. That's important now. Ntini needs to probe him out side of stump with some bounce. Ntini got to take the initiative
ya so that dhoni can come and score a quick fire 70 :laugh:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
ok so u want india to have 110 overs at SA rite

there is still 65 overs left for the day..so that mean 43 overs left for india to get the 170-180 lead u r talking about..to achieve that we just have to go at 4 an over...if we are not all out we would easly achive that ...

i thought you wanted us to have some 300 run lead :wacko:
All those overs will not be bowled due to the heat.atleast 10 overs could be lost.
And if dravid continues to bat like he is doing then 4.5/5 per over is not possible.
Btw,the bigger the lead the better.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid seems to have started this session with more positive intent.
Hope he continues.

biased indian

International Coach
All those overs will not be bowled due to the heat.atleast 10 overs could be lost.
And if dravid continues to bat like he is doing then 4.5/5 per over is not possible.
Btw,the bigger the lead the better.
Not a single over was lost yetaerday.. and they had a even poor Over rate yesterday