• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

biased indian

International Coach
No use plodding around now. This pitch is starting to get a bit up and down now. Big chance of putting South Africa under pressure by some quick batting now. Unfortunately I don't think Laxman will help too much in that regard.
ganguly has not come infront of laxman ???

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India's priority should be to bat most of the day and bring SA in with 15 overs left today.
My thinking was get 150+ ASAP and put them in. The spinners could roll them if we put them under a lot of pressure.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Commentators are talking crap about Dravid putting pressure on Tendulkar by being defensive. For god's sake the guy was there only for 11 balls and faced 5 of it.

duffer

I'm going to be in Bangalore when the IPL starts, can't wait to see Rahul playing T20 live :laugh:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Well done to Sehwag on his 319..a little dissappointed that he didn't get 400, but its good to know, at least, that we're still playing a cricket game and that the South Africans can actually take wickets.

Tendulkar, who ranks as the best Indian batsmen ever (I put him over Gavaskar, BTW), goes for a duck. Oh the irony of it all...

biased indian

International Coach
I'm going to be in Bangalore when the IPL starts, can't wait to see Rahul playing T20 live :laugh:
i wont mind him scoring at this rate as long as he can keep one end....

and others can hit out..if he is still there one hour after lunch i would like him to score more than run a ball...there are still 60 overs ideally left for us 4 runs an over will get us 200+ lead and 16 overs at SA...

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Commentators are talking crap about Dravid putting pressure on Tendulkar by being defensive. For god's sake the guy was there only for 11 balls and faced 5 of it.
Not sure if that's crap - Dravid has shown no indication he's willing to be aggressive and if India want to declare sometime today, Tendulkar obviously felt pressured to have a crack.

duffer

150 isn't a good enough target. SA batting is very good and top order in form.
It's a time issue for me. I'd like more but the rate we've been going this morning doesn't fill me with confidence we'll have enough time to bowl them out. Hoping for more obviously but it doesn't look likely as of now.

Congrats to Rahul for 10 000! Legend absolute champion :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India are far better off batting out most of the day. Forget getting ahead 150 or something, just get the runs now when SA are tired having been in the field for so long.

A win by an innings is amazingly not that far fetched providing India keep going.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if that's crap - Dravid has shown no indication he's willing to be aggressive and if India want to declare sometime today, Tendulkar obviously felt pressured to have a crack.
Makhya was bowling very well and the ball was new. In the morning there is slight moisture in the air and I can understand Sehwag's frustration, but Sachin was just in.

There is 10000 for him. :)