• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Seems a bit mean-spirited to be talking down Sehwag right now. Reflects poorly on some posters imo.

R_D

International Debutant
As Arthur said that he did not have points to motivate his guys.....that sumsup the situation for SA's . But Still I feel if SA get that Sehwag wicket eraly, they will feel lot more relieved and can put some brakes on Indian scoring. I wish they get that early wicket of Sehwag and stop India from scoring more than 650. They can bat on final day slowly for a day. Win for either of the sides IMO is completely out of question.
lol you are pathethic sorry pathetic thoughts by you.

It must really hurt to see India in a good position huh.

R_D

International Debutant
Quite low of you, actually, to wish bad luck on someone who is playing his heart out and whose present effort is being uniformly applauded, by friend and opponent alike.

You, and you alone, cant see this out of your blind and arbitrary hatred.
It hurts him alot to see India do well because he probaly grew up in 90's watching India lose most match and couldn't take it so started supporting some other team for whatever reason. Now it hurts that they are actually playing well now days..... I bet Raghav's a Man U supporter.

Raghav

It hurts him alot to see India do well because he probaly grew up in 90's watching India lose most match and couldn't take it so started supporting some other team for whatever reason. Now it hurts that they are actually playing well now days..... I bet Raghav's a Man U supporter.
Nah, Newcatle Supporter

Edit: Just went through couple of posts which were posted an hour ago,

I just cant understand why you people say Idiot when I did not hurt anyone by saying something. I just posted my views. Nothing is personal here. Is it wrong to support a team which is playing against India? This is World and you will find lot many people with different kind of views & opinions. Everyone is not same. If you find all the persons in the world with your behaviour , you get mad. There is nothing to talk about. I request the CW members to respect the forum members on their views for our good. It's always good to argue upon the views but not in this way... Respect the opinions & Ideas... Thanks all for all those who have read

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You know it is okay to hate or dislike India, but continuously baiting Indian members is really very annoying esp when people are trying to enjoy a good day of cricket by India.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Don't bring the best footy team on the planet into this.

Raghav

You know it is okay to hate or dislike India, but continuously baiting Indian members is really very annoying esp when people are trying to enjoy a good day of cricket by India.
I kindly request you to show the posts that I posted in this thread targeting on any of the member! Please do that..

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
Thats fine and all but his constant bashing and showing of his hatred when India's doing well is quite ****ing annoying tbh.

Raghav

Thats fine and all but his constant bashing and showing of his hatred when India's doing well is quite ****ing annoying tbh.
I did not bash. I supported SAF to do well. I did not say Sehwag inns was bad. I never said. I only supported SAF to do well on Day 4. This made you people angry.... :laugh: Cant understand

R_D

International Debutant
Don't bring the best footy team on the planet into this.
There are alot of Man U supporters in India... they probably couldn't even recognize anyone other than Rooney and Ronaldo but these guys go claim themselves to be big Man U fans.:laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seems a bit mean-spirited to be talking down Sehwag right now. Reflects poorly on some posters imo.
Well I feel I should defend myself here. This usually happens not as a result of the innings itself, but as a result of what people say about him as a result of the innings.

I didn't come to CW thinking "I hate Sehwag and his innings was dire so I'm going to call him a FTB" but when I see posts suggesting he's an alltime great etc etc, I can't help but respond if I disagree strongly, and I think that's fair enough.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is just flat out ridiculously stupid.First innings total of 379,thanks to a fifth wicket partnership between Tendulkar and Sehwag of 220 runs when India were 68/4 on a supposedly flat track with Dravid, Lax, Ganguly and Das back..It must have been flat track.

Thank you so much for the super analysis. I am almost convinced now that Sehwag is a flat track bully.
I actually conceded that one, though..

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who the hell called him an all-time great? Damn, it's been a fantastic knock which single-handedly made a result possible in this Test but I don't remember seeing any unreasonable hyperbole of Viru. In fact a lot of the criticism he's gotten in this thread is probably the more unreasonable.

Love him or hate him, apart from Hayden there isn't a better opening batsman going around in Test cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Who the hell called him an all-time great? Damn, it's been a fantastic knock which single-handedly made a result possible in this Test but I don't remember seeing any unreasonable hyperbole of Viru. In fact a lot of the criticism he's gotten in this thread is probably the more unreasonable.

Love him or hate him, apart from Hayden there isn't a better opening batsman going around in Test cricket.
Who the hell called him an all-time great?
Actually, I think I read that on cricinfo. The point remains though that if someone says he isn't a FTB and I think he is one, I'm going to reply, regardless of if he's just scored 309* or not. I certainly wouldn't come to CW straight after the innings and start a thread bagging him, but when people start suggesting things I think are wrong, I will argue with them. Looking back at the posts, it was someone else who brought up the fact that Sehwag scores most of his runs on really flat pitches when it hadn't been discussed at all before, and thus the argument began. Given I had an opinion on that discussion, I gave it. I wouldn't have brought it up at this time, but as it was being debated already, I saw no problem in giving my thoughts. I do not think it is unreasonable.