• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

chalky

International Debutant
He could have it his pad but the camera work ain't that great & without sniko or hotspot never gonna no for sure TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BTW, I've spied a certain Kent fan by the name of Tom reading this thread a fair bit of late, without so much as 1 post. Why so quiet fella?
And now I spy a certain fella by the name of John reading too. I won't expect you to post, but we're watching you. :) We've missed you, you know this. And Fiery still ain't coming back any time soon. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He could have it his pad but the camera work ain't that great & without sniko or hotspot never gonna no for sure TBH.
Well there's Snickos around, and we're just being shown it now.

Interestingly, doesn't seem as conclusive as I'd thought. :huh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, 'tis Lunchtime, and time for this Harmison interview again. Any UK viewers, I urge you to watch it - 2 hours has not given me any perspective to change my view that it's probably the best, most revealing cricket interview I've ever seen.

I'll be YouTubeing it as soon as I can, but you all know me - that may take a while. :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
And yeah, the Ambrose sisters are pretty yummy. I dare say if some of us were at the Test, they'd be rejecting us as we type..

Flem274*

123/5
Oram 20 overs for 23. :-O Pretty impressive.

BTW, I've spied a certain Kent fan by the name of Tom reading this thread a fair bit of late, without so much as 1 post. Why so quiet fella?
And now I spy a certain fella by the name of John reading too. I won't expect you to post, but we're watching you. :) We've missed you, you know this. And Fiery still ain't coming back any time soon. :(
Stalker:p

We could wind Athlai up so he posts, I'd like to start by saying Fiery is a poo poo head:happy:

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
This is a brilliant interview. He's an impressive bloke tbh, completely honest.

Says he isn't taking the new ball because it won't swing for a long time and Sidebottom and Hoggard rely on the swing, while he isn't a big swinger.

Flem274*

123/5
Y'know when we finally wrap this up we're going to need quick runs, might be worthwhile sending McCullum out. If he gets out its no major deal because we've got the rest to score as many as they can before the declaration but if McCullum can partner up with Bell or How and get us to the declaration point faster we will have some more time to bowl England out. What do you think?

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Ian Botham is such a muppet.

"I don't care about this swing thing, I'd give Harmison the new ball and tell him he owes us to take wickets."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harmison interview on. Watch it.

Says he isn't taking the new ball because it won't swing for a long time and Sidebottom and Hoggard rely on the swing, while he isn't a big swinger.
Yeah, I really can't believe how good that interview is. Can't sing its praises enough. I think I might fully understand for the first time why so much has been invested in Harmison and why his success has been enjoyed so much by his team-mates. You don't often see cricketers so obviously genuine, unabashed I-am-what-I-am these days.

Anyway, now taped - just a question of faffling around trying to get the thing mpeg-ed now. Soon as that's done - hopefully tomorrow - it'll be on YT for anyone who didn't catch it to see. Of course, it's perfectly possible someone might beat me to it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ian Botham is such a muppet.

"I don't care about this swing thing, I'd give Harmison the new ball and tell him he owes us to take wickets."
:laugh: I was about to say almost exactly that. FFS, Beefy, you were a swing-bowler par-excellence yourself. I'm amazed he'd underestimate the value of having two bowlers of the calibre of Sidebottom and Hoggard in the side, and giving them the best chance of success.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

He does seem a very nice bloke, but I agree with what Gower said afterwards; it isn't a popularity contest, you need your best players physically and mentally ready out on the pitch.

I don't think he's quite there yet & he seems to know in his own mind what he needs to do, but the call of his family life is a very strong one for him.

PY

International Coach
Get on with it now Dickinson. Some of us have had to put up with your hyperbole over it and can't watch it. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Y'know when we finally wrap this up we're going to need quick runs, might be worthwhile sending McCullum out. If he gets out its no major deal because we've got the rest to score as many as they can before the declaration but if McCullum can partner up with Bell or How and get us to the declaration point faster we will have some more time to bowl England out. What do you think?
Been discussed plenty, apparently that's all the buzz from the Kiwis at the ground.

So far this game, McCullum is the only batsman to successfully force the pace, albeit only for a short time.

Gotta get the last 3 wickets first, obv. And should already have had 1 of them, so it seems.