• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Get on with it now Dickinson. Some of us have had to put up with your hyperbole over it and can't watch it. :p
Some people have bed to be heading to. I'm not staying up till 3AM wiring this up and that up, while pegging it back down to watch the game, when I've got to be up at 9 tomorrow.

And you've not noted the way others have been almost as enthusiastic about the thing? Not just my hyperbole. :dry:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand will be very disappointed if England make more than 400 IMO given the ability of their final three batsmen.

Just a note on the pitch, whilst its obviously very flat, at least its held together this time (the previous test at Hamilton was the "crater" test against SA).

open365

International Vice-Captain
Best sporting interview i can remember in a long time, i'm thouroughly disapointed with the responses by the media so far though, especialy Ian Botham, in case he hasn't realised cricket /= the f****** army

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just a note on the pitch, whilst its obviously very flat, at least its held together this time (the previous test at Hamilton was the "crater" test against SA).
Beaten to it, Soms. :cool:
The reason why the pitch is like this is because a couple of years ago Hamilton was blocked from international cricket because the pitch was deemed too dangerous. This is it's first test match in a number of years and I think the groundsman decided to go on the cautious side this time around. He'll no doubt be disappointed with it, but it's probably better this way than both teams being shot out for 100 each or something.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Sidebottom isn't an incompetent batsman. On a slow pitch, he should be able to at least not get out for a bit, imo.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sidebottom isn't an incompetent batsman. On a slow pitch, he should be able to at least not get out for a bit, imo.
You probably know a bit more about his batting but one 50 in 116 FC games doesn't give me much confidence in his batting ability. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, indeed, it's been noted by more than one poster of late that it's a trifle odd how poor Sidebottom's First-Class record is, because he's shown exceptionally impressive sticking power this winter.

Believe it or not, in the Sri Lanka Tests he faced more balls than Kevin Pietersen throughout the series. :-O

Ambrose gone 1st over after Lunch in exactly the same way as Vaughan. Should be over pretty sharp now.

PY

International Coach
Lugs, looks like we'll be giving away 100+ lead.

C'mon Harmi, with the bat son with the bat.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
O0o0o0o0oh, JP bowls a leg-stump ball on a hattrick.

Disappointing, and now there's a small doubt over Harmison's decision.