• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

Langeveldt

Soutie
Didn't think the ranking was valid the first time, but I have no problem with SA being number 1 in ODI cricket at the moment..

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

BCB XI vs. SA

BCB XI made 243/7 in 50 overs
(Tamim 30, Zunaed 0, Nazim 20, Roqibul 33, Shakib 32, Naeem 30, Dhiman 20, Riyad 37* and Reza 20*; Harris 2/30)

SA made 243/7 in 50 overs

I couldn't gather the second innings info properly yet but the last over by Rubel read something like this: 1 1 1 0 W 1

And hence the tie.
For Bangladesh however the young bowler Mosharraf did the most damage.....I have his bowling stats up to the 8th over which read something like 8-2-18-3 :).....All the newbies barring Nazim Uddin (yeah well he scored a duck.....AGAIN!) came pretty good!

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Oh and I think it was Botha who clobbered two huge sixes and Morkel with his fours who saved the game. Otherwise SA were 165/6 at the 40th over :)! Good rescuing act by the tailenders.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and I think it was Botha who clobbered two huge sixes and Mørkel with his fours who saved the game. Otherwise SA were 165/6 at the 40th over :)! Good rescuing act by the tailenders.
If Albie Mørkel or even Johan Botha were Bangladeshi they would probably be regarded as their greatest batting talents. Tail-enders my ass. :)

Was following the game this morning and Bangladesh looked by the 40th over of having zero chance of getting such a decent total so South Africa’s main one day Achilles seems to have resurfaced, they can’t bowl at the death.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If Albie Mørkel or even Johan Botha were Bangladeshi they would probably be regarded as their greatest batting talents. Tail-enders my ass. :)

Was following the game this morning and Bangladesh looked by the 40th over of having zero chance of getting such a decent total so South Africa’s main one day Achilles seems to have resurfaced, they can’t bowl at the death.
Um no they wouldn't:ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Um no they wouldn't:ph34r:
Haven't checked but I wouldn't suspect many Bangladeshi cricketers have a better first class average than Albie Morkel. Guy averages over 40, most Bangladeshi batsman averages what 30? Playing on flat wickets against non-existent bowlers.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

But isn't Botha a tailender for South Africa?

Protean

State Regular
Another duck for Gibbs. :mellow: does not bode well. Harro and Albie looking good. As to the BCB XI, like in the last match, this was a good opportunity for all those who just got to Bangladesh to have a practice, but wouldn't read too much into it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Another duck for Gibbs. :mellow: does not bode well. Harro and Albie looking good. As to the BCB XI, like in the last match, this was a good opportunity for all those who just got to Bangladesh to have a practice, but wouldn't read too much into it.
His third in less than a month…

13th Feb- Cobras vs. Lions
15th- Titans vs. Cobras
17th- Zimbabwe vs. Cobras
22nd – Cobras vs. Dolphins
24th- Cobras vs. Eagles
27th- Lions vs. Cobras
29th- Warriors vs. Cobras
7th March- Bangladesh XI vs. South Africa

Also, just looking at the South African scorecard and aside from Charl the only two bowlers who impressed were the spinners, so presumably and hopefully both men will feature on Sunday.

Feel for Alviro though, why the **** is he being asked to bat at six? His not a finisher and presumably has never batted so low in his life. Hopefully he does well though; guy is being set-up to fail so no one will give a **** when his dropped from the next one day squad. Its almost like Woolmer and Cronje are in charge again.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
But isn't Botha a tailender for South Africa?
No, his selected because he can critically hold a bat (and field), if he batted like a tail-ender then he would have never represented South Africa. His bowling is almost secondary, no one imagines him running through sides and equally no one expects him to complete his ten. Quite sad really.

Protean

State Regular
Feel for Alviro though, why the **** is he being asked to bat at six? His not a finisher and presumably has never batted so low in his life. Hopefully he does well though; guy is being set-up to fail so no one will give a **** when his dropped from the next one day squad. Its almost like Woolmer and Cronje are in charge again.
Haven't seen much of Peterson, seeing as they never show the Lion's games if another one is on, but hope he does well too. Why didn't they just keep McKenzie around instead though? In other news watched the Cobras beat the Titans at Newlands last night, Monde Zondeki and Andrew Puttick were awesome, I hope they get their shots again soon.

Protean

State Regular
SA playing Botha and Harris today :-O, along with Nel, Langeveldt and the other Mørkel.

Last edited: