• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

Woodster

International Captain
Found the partnership between Kallis and Boucher pretty extraordinary really. Haven't seen any footage of it, so may be doing them a dis-service, but when they arrived at the crease with 524-5 on the board, to then accumulate only 55 runs in the next 29 overs is ridiculous!

I can't believe either player was playing for personal goals, nor can I believe neither of them were unable to break the shackles of the Bangladeshi attack.

It is hardly going to sway the outcome of this game, but in another Test that could have been a vital couple of hours wasted.

Woodster

International Captain
Fantastic effort from Dale Steyn! 100 wickets in only his 20th Test. Admittedly 50 of his wickets have come against relatively weak batting line-ups in West Indies, New Zealand and Bangladesh (the first two being on more than helpful tracks in SA), but that should take nothing away from his ability to remove batsmen with high speed swinging deliveries.

His accuracy has obviously improved since his opening series against England, and he has enjoyed some degree of success in the tough bowling assignments of Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

To be the first since Waqar Younis to achieve 100 Test wickets in only 20 Tests is still quite something, eclipsing even the great Allan Donald!

cricman

International 12th Man
I've never seen a Fast Bowler extract the Pace, Bounce and Swing the way Steyn did @ Chittagong. He turned it into the WACA. This guy is truly destined for greatness ... If he gets his line/length right for the India Tour I expect him rip right through them as well. Ganguly always had issues with the short ball, Steyn might take his head off.

I've never been a big fan of South Africa Cricket ... but this guy just converted me. I was enjoying watching his spell today and I didn't know why he was destroying my favorite teams top order. Made my favorite player look like a street cricketer ... I was just in awe of what he was doing.

Last edited:

Protean

State Regular
South Africa took 14 wickets today, good work by Steyn and Ntini, especially nice to see Makhaya do well, although it was the tail. Robin Peterson also didn't do too badly, picking up a few. Looks like this game should be wrapped up early tomorrow, looking forward to the ODI's where I'm sure Bangladesh will be more competitive.

Langeveldt

Soutie
South Africa took 14 wickets today, good work by Steyn and Ntini, especially nice to see Makhaya do well, although it was the tail. Robin Peterson also didn't do too badly, picking up a few. Looks like this game should be wrapped up early tomorrow, looking forward to the ODI's where I'm sure Bangladesh will be more competitive.
Steyn is a legend.. Slightly OT, but the Pro20 game at Newlands against Natal that I was on about, do I need to get tickets in advance?

Protean

State Regular
Steyn is a legend.. Slightly OT, but the Pro20 game at Newlands against Natal that I was on about, do I need to get tickets in advance?
I'll probably get mine a week before, though wouldn't think it would be anywhere near full seeing as it's a Wednesday. Although it is UCT's vac that week, so there might be lots of students. Are you going to sit under the oaks?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'll probably get mine a week before, though wouldn't think it would be anywhere near full seeing as it's a Wednesday. Although it is UCT's vac that week, so there might be lots of students. Are you going to sit under the oaks?
Yeah I will, thats where I usually sit.. Can you get them on Computicket? I'm pretty stuck because I only get to Cape Town about an hour before the first ball..

Protean

State Regular
Yeah I will, thats where I usually sit.. Can you get them on Computicket? I'm pretty stuck because I only get to Cape Town about an hour before the first ball..
Yeah you can, if getting there so late I'd buy before. Cool if I'm around I'll come say hi.

Protean

State Regular
Peterson just picked up two quick wickets, he now has five in the match :unsure: What are Bangladesh doing!?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see the Bangladeshi batsman in a hurry to finish, I’ve got work to get back to.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
EDIT: I just hope Steyn can pick up the last wickets quickly, I won't survive Peterson picking up a 5-er. Looks like they'll wrap this up before I have to go to class :)

Last edited: