• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

Days of Grace

International Captain
I for one am hoping that Smith comes nowhere near Lara's record.

Lara's record was against quality opposition (?) on a flat pitch. But at least it was against quality opposition.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's one reason Mahela Jaywardene's 375 (?) was so good, it was against good opposition on a competitive track.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Too bad that the record has been broken.. I guess it had to be broken some day. Well done to the South Africans...

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I for one am hoping that Smith comes nowhere near Lara's record.

Lara's record was against quality opposition (?) on a flat pitch. But at least it was against quality opposition.
Too right - plus it would have been an almighty injustice to see someone of Smith's 'quality' with the highest score ever.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just noticed Robbie P is playing. WTF?

Talk about giving games to bad players. Not even a long term investment in a questionable talent.

sideshowtim

Banned
Kallis and Boucher playing for personal stats here. Disgusting. They should both be striking at around 70 given the state of the game.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Kallis and Boucher playing for personal stats here. Disgusting. They should both be striking at around 70 given the state of the game.
But Tim its not like Kallis or Boucher were padding up or leaving much, they can’t get the ball of the square, which is surprising considering how easy Smith and McKenzie made it look. Kallis is even walking across his stumps to the pacemen.

Also, not sure what personal stat either batsman could achieve other than a not out and South Africa may even declare before Kallis reaches his career average.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just noticed Robbie P is playing. WTF?

Talk about giving games to bad players. Not even a long term investment in a questionable talent.
But it’s not like his replaced anyone who is particularly 'good'. I mean Robbie P or Botha; they are both bottom of the barrel.