• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's not the score now. 140 ish for 4. How, Bell, Fulton and Taylor all gone. One wicket a piece for Tremlett, Hoggard, Harmison and Collingwood.

Elliott and Sinclair are in; not out on about 15 a piece I believe.

Wellington dominating this game though... 9 wickets taken by Wellington players and 40 runs (from Bell) plus Elliott's contribution with the bat.

Wellington IS New Zealand Cricket!! (to paraphrase Jesse Ryder)

Flem274*

123/5
All this O'Brien bashing is getting tiresome tbh. He's got a pretty flash FC bowling record and AFAIC the sorts of abject comments I'm reading in here about his talents are hardly fair after a career spanning a whole six tests.

Keep him out of the ODI team though. He's clearly lacking in that form of the game.

EDIT: good start by our likely test opening combo here. How and Bell have put on 67 so far.
AWTA. I definitely think we have better but he's been OK since his recall. Got the job done.

But no more ODIs please...

Days of Grace

International Captain
So, here we are:

NZC has a choice. Select Sinclair for the tests, or Sinclair goes to the ICL. The minute Sinclair is dropped then he will go to the ICL, I feel sure about it.

That is all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I presume this game is a meaningless one?

If so - what a good job. This'd have been embarrassing if it'd been a proper game.

EDIT: this game IS a proper one. :mellow: OK, this IS pretty embarrassing.

If Tremlett plays in the First Test I'd be prepared to bet a decent bit on him being totally undercooked and bowling a heap of crap and putting himself out of the reckoning FTTB. Let's hope he can bowl himself into some better touch for the remainder of this innings and hopefully have a second-innings too.

Last edited:

slugger

State Vice-Captain
So, here we are:

NZC has a choice. Select Sinclair for the tests, or Sinclair goes to the ICL. The minute Sinclair is dropped then he will go to the ICL, I feel sure about it.

That is all.
he probably hasnt even been approuched.. I believe he even said that in an interview only a week or two back..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Its interesting that people put weight on these warm up games with regard to selection and quality.

These games are tune-ups for the Tests, nothing more or less.

Ive lost count, over the years, of people reading too much into warm-ups, the results and the performances in them. They have little-no consequence on the series that will follow.

Woodster

International Captain
Its interesting that people put weight on these warm up games with regard to selection and quality.

These games are tune-ups for the Tests, nothing more or less.

Ive lost count, over the years, of people reading too much into warm-ups, the results and the performances in them. They have little-no consequence on the series that will follow.
True, that is what they are - tune ups.

However, it is important that players that have not featured in competitive cricket for some time gain some vital practice in the middle. For example, Harmison needs to get plenty of overs in him in this game, Strauss, ideally, would have spent much longer in the middle, Ambrose the same.

Players need to hit the ground running and it would be a boost for such players to have a decent level of confidence going into the first Test, rather than feeling totally out of sorts.