• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
All this O'Brien bashing is getting tiresome tbh. He's got a pretty flash FC bowling record and AFAIC the sorts of abject comments I'm reading in here about his talents are hardly fair after a career spanning a whole six tests.

Keep him out of the ODI team though. He's clearly lacking in that form of the game.

EDIT: good start by our likely test opening combo here. How and Bell have put on 67 so far.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
All this O'Brien bashing is getting tiresome tbh. He's got a pretty flash FC bowling record and AFAIC the sorts of abject comments I'm reading in here about his talents are hardly fair after a career spanning a whole six tests.
That's all well and good for people who haven't seen him bowl.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I have. Thought he bowled well in the Bangladesh test.

If he's been that bad in the other five tests he's played - which is really bugger all - that's hardly enough opportunity is it? And I seriously doubt that those getting stuck into him have seen him bowling for the Wellington FC side much, if at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Both Tremlett and Harmison have gone for over 4 an over till now. Only Hoggard has been economical (and has bowled well according to the commentators). A dire day for England so far.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I watched O'Brien bowl when he took his 8-for for Wellington last season. He is very impressive when on song.