• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Struggling against the side I'd expect to come first in the FC comp...bowled out for 76 on day one. Tried to set my batsmen on defensive to grind it out, it didn't work! :happy: Bowled them out for 308 early today and after losing 2 early wickets to be 2-38 my two top batsmen have fought back and I'm now 2 runs in front with 8 wickets still in hand @ 234/2 (Nkosinathi 116*; Greene 88*). Hopefully they'll bat through until the end today and then grind out some more runs tomorrow. I don't think I'll manage 300 ahead. 200-250 would make for and interesting game though. At least we'll get gates tomorrow too now!

Johnners

Won my FC game by an innings & 294 runs today. Bosnich took something ridiculous like 15/22 for the match.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
got some nice pops today;

Howard Cave - 18 yo, BT Rating=12,843
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, fair fitness.
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
unfortunatly i am playing badley in the leagues 7th in OD and 5th in FC

in current FC game playing team who are top ; Scotlands Rejects who got 404-0
kay 202; blundell 195

i am at 154-5 (but i am resting 6 of my first team players) hagan 55 got one batsmen left who is down the order due to fitness

edit: all out for 176: Naysmith n.o. 30 who came in @ no. 4 trailing 228

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Completed another easy win in the league today

Lancashire 453-1 (Challinor 212*, Magloire 196) beat The Scholars 24(Islam 7-6) & 23(Islam 8-8) by an innings and 406 runs.

Islam was the only member of my usual bowling attack playing, this year has been quite a turn around for him in FC. Last year he took 36 wickets at 56.4. So far this year from 5 matches he has 46 wickets@2.37. Should cruise my FC league without having to play my top players too often.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Won easily in a day and a half, but it probably took longer than it should against a team who aren't even trying in FC. Weirdly toothless performance from Oleary, returning 30-11-50-3, probably his worst figures in a season and a half, against a batting lineup averaging about 4k BTR. Rather he has an off-day now than in a close match, though.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The players are off the field for tea.

End of Over 106 (6 runs). The Heath CC: 397-7, runrate=3.75
Lead by 190 runs. (Granbreton xi 207-10)
Shilton 23-2-66-1
Hardy* 12 (8 balls)
Hennessy 45 (47 balls)

Last Wicket: Talbot b. Shilton 38 (FOW: 373/7)

Mclean made 100 and promptly got out early this morning. Gibson made 61 and there have been contributions from Bartlett, Sutton and Talbot as well. The declaration should come soon after tea, and in an ideal world, Woods and Turner would run through them tonight. I suspect we'll be back tomorrow though.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
End of Over 35 (3 runs). Kapellvn: 112-10, runrate=3.20 (1st Inn: 232-10)
Lead by 137 runs. (Jamees 999ers 207-10)
Kealey 3-2-5-4
Randall* 32 (45 balls)

138 to win. First dropped point of the season though :(

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Granbreton xi: 207

The Heath CC: 404/7 (108) Mclean 100 (127), Gibson 61 (165), Hennessy 50* (50)

Granbreton xi: 94/7 (38) Hardy 3/20 (8), Hennessy 2/24 (9)

Contrasting innings from Gibson and Hennessy helped us to maximum batting points and a lead approaching 200 runs, before all the bowlers took wickets in reducing Granbreton to 94/7. Once again, Hennessy and Hardy impressed ahead of bigger stars Turner and Woods, and they will be expected to finish the match off in quick time tomorrow whilst Woods and Turner doss around in the field and effectively get the day off.

oz_fan

International Regular
oz fans XI won by an innings and 424 runs.

oz fans XI won the toss and elected to field.
First Innings of: soulja boyz
Extras (4b, 6lb, 2w, 2nb) 14
Total (35.4 overs, 10 wickets) 47
Gordon 7-8
Grant 2-8

First Innings of: oz fans XI
Mohan 269*(262)
Olowe 135(177)
Livesey 63*(51)

Second Innings of: soulja boyz
Extras (4b, 3lb, 0w, 0nb) 7
Total (35.4 overs, 10 wickets) 79
Gordon 4-23
Carroll 2-10

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Middleton-On-The-Wolds CC 136/10 (67.1) & 110/10 (41.1)
Makanna 9.1-3-20-4 & Darby 11.1-4-16-6

BEST Indies 363/2 dec (59.0)
Brook 98* off 91

Another FC victory for BEST Indies

Son Of Coco

Ended the day 271/3...about 40 runs ahead. Will need a big partnership between the two guys in now and hope that the next two can hang around for a while as the tail is pretty weak. It'd be nice to draw.

nibbs

International Captain
hmm, would a sensational/wonderful medium pace bowler with strong stamina sell for more than 9 million in the current market? looks to me like the answer to that is a simple 'no'. quite concerned. thought that graham would sell for more than 10 million quite comfortably. made a post at btnz asking for an early 9mil bid on him so i could buy a different player. a kind soul came forward after being given confidence by an independent source that he would sell for more than 10 mil. but i'm starting to have my doubts having watched things on the TM in the past couple of days.

hmm. i will feel pretty bad if he doesn't get outbid. i have minus 8 million at the moment, so its not like i can step in at the last moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.