• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I do despair for the NZ education system sometimes.

I am someone who played cricket in Dunedin for 11 years. I know Geoff (not well though, although I spent two hours in a car with him once), and I know he wasn't particularly loved as a coach by players.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shouldn't that be "I despair of psxpro, every time I am reminded of him"?

(Just in case - no, I'm not sure this is psxpro again, but I do think there's definately an outside chance)

Flem274*

123/5
maybe hay as an opener, hu knows. we shall see
You want one of the top two up and coming middle order players in the country who averages over 50 in both forms to be wasted opening? You're mad. But then again, if you're who we all suspect you are, I doubt we'll be agreeing on anything anytime soon.

Flem274*

123/5

I am someone who played cricket in Dunedin for 11 years. I know Geoff (not well though, although I spent two hours in a car with him once), and I know he wasn't particularly loved as a coach by players.
Its not all bad, I can spell. I could be in the minority though:p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Patel will come in for O'Brien and Flynn will replace Fulton.

They haven't got much to lose with the latter replacement, Fulton is badly out of form and Flynn's probably eager to impress.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vettori wins the toss once more and sticks England in as per current form. Flynn does indeed replace Fulton.

England, as expected, name an unchanged side, incidentally.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
O'Brien gets the (well-deserved) arse for Patel too. Looks a glorious day over there, with a bit of a breeze. Let's hope Crowe's syrup is properly glued on.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Geez, thanks Fox Sports.

Showing Live Golf, Live Domestic Cricket Final, and replays of Super 14, so no coverage of this match :(

They showed all the first 4 ODIs too

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aww, unfortunate Aussie-residuals.

Very sharp breeze today, another wicket which looks like offering not much to bowlers of any kind, and apparently another short boundary somewhere. 8-)

Is there any ground in NZ that doesn't make hitting ridiculously easy in some area?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Geez, thanks Fox Sports.

Showing Live Golf, Live Domestic Cricket Final, and replays of Super 14, so no coverage of this match :(

They showed all the first 4 ODIs too
Experiencing some blowback from Operation: Australian Move, is James.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Aww, unfortunate Aussie-residuals.

Very sharp breeze today, another wicket which looks like offering not much to bowlers of any kind, and apparently another short boundary somewhere. 8-)

Is there any ground in NZ that doesn't make hitting ridiculously easy in some area?
Probably only the Basin Reserve. Look. I think for the one-dayers it makes for great entertainment to have these grounds with different angles. It shakes it up and asks the captain to really get his thinking cap on.