• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Clarke has no idea how to field in slip. I agree with Richie on Clarke being too close to Gilchrist, Gilchrist barely has room to move to his right.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I find it ridiculous that channel 9 couldn't find ONE Indian to commentate in their line-up. At least the ABC has Bogle.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Channel 9 has gotten more consistently bogan over the past few years. The cricket coverage just reflects that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I find it ridiculous that channel 9 couldn't find ONE Indian to commentate in their line-up. At least the ABC has Bogle.
There aren't many good Indian commentators that are also fluent in English. I'd rather have good balanced commentary. Benaud is fair, as always. Many of the Aussies are clearly rooting for one team over another, but its nowhere near as bad as some of the South African commentators....who are absolutely ridiculous. But overall, I can live with the quality of Channel 9 commentary. English commentators are almost universally good and fair (Beefy excluded). Bumble is God.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Saffie commentators all know their stuff but spend 99% of the time talking about the South African team. You wouldn't know who the touring was if you couldn't see them on screen, they barely mention them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The Saffie commentators all know their stuff but spend 99% of the time talking about the South African team. You wouldn't know who the touring was if you couldn't see them on screen, they barely mention them.
Yeah the South African commentators on Fox Sports are shocking.

Mitchell Johnson starting to find a bit of swing...
Yes, I agree. SAffie commentators were very focused only on their own team. I found the English commentators surprisingly knowledgeable about both sides and very fair in their coverage. The England-India series had the best coverage of any India series in recent memory - I thoroughly enjoyed it. As I said, this isn't bad and I can live with it as its leaps and bounds superior to the South African one, but its not as good as Sky in England.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saffie commentators are more frustrating than C9 because you know that if they weren't biased, they'd be great commentators. Barry Richards for one.

The coverage I'm getting here in Singapore is Star Cricket. That has a good balance. Bhogle, Gavaskar but also Slater and Ian Chappell. All decent.

pup11

International Coach
300 is a fair effort by India after they tipped to fall like nine pins on this WACA pitch, with still four wickets in hand they could be pushing towards 400, so Australia needs to clean this tail up ASAP!

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
There aren't many good Indian commentators that are also fluent in English. I'd rather have good balanced commentary. Benaud is fair, as always. Many of the Aussies are clearly rooting for one team over another, but its nowhere near as bad as some of the South African commentators....who are absolutely ridiculous. English commentators are almost universally good and fair (Beefy excluded).
If anything, the Poms tend to err on the side of self-deprecating. Dunno if it's a culture, but most opposition boundaries and wickets draw cries to the tune of "Thank you sir, may I have another?". Bumble, Lloyd and Hussain are quite good at it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If anything, the Poms tend to err on the side of self-deprecating. Dunno if it's a culture, but most opposition boundaries and wickets draw cries to the tune of "Thank you sir, may I have another?". Bumble, Lloyd and Hussain are quite good at it.
You think? Maybe it was because I was looking at it from the perspective of an Indian fan - but I thought they were all very good (Bumble, Holding, Hussain especially). Being self-deprecating is a bit of an English thing I suppose, but I thought they were always fair in their analysis.