• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

burr

State Vice-Captain
There aren't many good Indian commentators that are also fluent in English. I'd rather have good balanced commentary. Benaud is fair, as always. Many of the Aussies are clearly rooting for one team over another, but its nowhere near as bad as some of the South African commentators....who are absolutely ridiculous. But overall, I can live with the quality of Channel 9 commentary. English commentators are almost universally good and fair (Beefy excluded). Bumble is God.
It would be really nice to get an Indian perspective. I think they could have at least tried, which I bet they didn't.

I don't have Fox but listening to overseas radio over the years there's one SA comm I really like - I think he's ex English though, Neil Manthorpe I think. NZ radio was always really bias and I LOVE test match special - part of what makes the Ashes so good, but I found pre-2005 they could go ON and ON depressing about England's woes which could become a little irritating. I really don't see why people find Slater so good, he rarely says anything insightful. Not nearly as good as Taylor imo.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If these two can grind for an hour or so then we'll get some loose stuff. Need to make the bowlers battle here.

burr

State Vice-Captain
You think? Maybe it was because I was looking at it from the perspective of an Indian fan - but I thought they were all very good (Bumble, Holding, Hussain especially). Being self-deprecating is a bit of an English thing I suppose, but I thought they were always fair in their analysis.
Being self-dep isn't a bad thhing, I love it. I adore Bumble's commentary but yeah, I too can't stand Botham.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
You think? Maybe it was because I was looking at it from the perspective of an Indian fan - but I thought they were all very good (Bumble, Holding, Hussain especially). Being self-deprecating is a bit of an English thing I suppose, but I thought they were always fair in their analysis.
Oh, I think they're fair - but they go out of their way to avoid being parochial. They were even restrained during Edgbaston 2005, though Lehmann's whimpers did mask what little was there.

duffer

It would be really nice to get an Indian perspective. I think they could have at least tried, which I bet they didn't.

I don't have Fox but listening to overseas radio over the years there's one SA comm I really like - I think he's ex English though, Neil Manthorpe I think. NZ radio was always really bias and I LOVE test match special - part of what makes the Ashes so good, but I found pre-2005 they could go ON and ON depressing about England's woes which could become a little irritating. I really don't see why people find Slater so good, he rarely says anything insightful. Not nearly as good as Taylor imo.
I think he just sounds like far less of a boofhead. Makes him a lot more bearable than Tubbs or Healy.

Evermind

International Debutant
Are you being sarcastic? I'm not watching but if you're bagging them for not playing aggressively, there really is no pleasing you.
Yes, that was before that 5-run Johnson over. Hope it gets better. Wasn't really bagging them, just a casual remark!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What i mean is Dhoni cops **** (rightfully too) for playing too aggressive. They're being cautious in teh first hour, and if they only get 35 runs from the first hour, but don't lose a wicket, I'll be damn happy.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
What i mean is Dhoni cops **** (rightfully too) for playing too aggressive. They're being cautious in teh first hour, and if they only get 35 runs from the first hour, but don't lose a wicket, I'll be damn happy.
Is that Tendulkar's shot yesterday on your avatar?

duffer

India slightly in front imo. The weather won't suit the Aussie batsman too much either, so India in a good position.
All 4 bowlers have to contribute though. Any passengers and Australia will be all over us. I have a good feeling about Anil and Rudra coming good with the ball but Irfan and Ish I'm not sure about.

Evermind

International Debutant
Yeah, but man is Dhoni's technique ugly to watch. There're points where his feet are parallel to the stumps. Appalling! How'd he get through coaches?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, but man is Dhoni's technique ugly to watch. There're points where his feet are parallel to the stumps. Appalling! How'd he get through coaches?
I agree, he's not pretty to watch in test match cricket. It'd be hypocritical of me to praise him yet hate on Symonds.

But refer to above. When he plays his no feet slammer shots and it comes off people go "Wow, so good". Then when he gets out that way he's slayed.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
All 4 bowlers have to contribute though. Any passengers and Australia will be all over us. I have a good feeling about Anil and Rudra coming good with the ball but Irfan and Ish I'm not sure about.
I would like to see Ishant Sharma do well..everyone underrates him.

Johnners

Hmmm good start from the Bowlers, Mitch getting them to play at a few more, but still throwing up too many wide ones.

pup11

International Coach
India are batting smartly by trying to see off this newish ball by not taking too many risks, now i hope Tait steps up today, because its important he bowls well.