• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Greg then proceeded to say that Clark did fine, when he doesn't have any 6-fers either IIRC, which means his point is stupid.

Average was never brought into it.
I never argued that Clark took any 6-fers, I argued that he did fine to pick up wickets whilst bowling with McGrath and Warne. The post that I quoted didn't even mention 6-fers.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I never argued that Clark took any 6-fers, I argued that he did fine to pick up wickets whilst bowling with McGrath and Warne. The post that I quoted didn't even mention 6-fers.
The post you quoted was addressing that point though, as he'd quoted Craig's post making the original observation. ffs.

NZTailender

The post you quoted was addressing that point though, as he'd quoted Craig's post making the original observation. ffs.
Regardless of whether he's taken 6-fer's or not, Clark has been able to take wickets when bowling alongside McGrath and Warne whereas Lee has had less success despite the excuse being that Warne and McGrath as so good that he doesn't get much of a chance.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Regardless of whether he's taken 6-fer's or not, Clark has been able to take wickets when bowling alongside McGrath and Warne whereas Lee has had less success despite the excuse being that Warne and McGrath as so good that he doesn't get much of a chance.
So you're going to quote a post about something, then argue something completely different to what it's addressing? Smart move, Einstein.

NZTailender

So you're going to quote a post about something, then argue something completely different to what it's addressing? Smart move, Einstein.
Craig posted that he found it hard to believe Lee didn't have any 6 wicket hauls yet. Sideshowtim then made the point that Lee would've found it hard when competing for wikcets with McGrath and Warne. I quoted sideshowtim and posted that Clark and MacGill had no trouble in picking up wickets when bowling with McGrath and Warne. The fact that Clark has no 6-fer's is somewhat beside the point, because he's still managed to pick up his fair share of wickets bowling with McGrath and Warne.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Craig posted that he found it hard to believe Lee didn't have any 6 wicket hauls yet. Sideshowtim then made the point that Lee would've found it hard when competing for wikcets with McGrath and Warne. I quoted sideshowtim and posted that Clark and MacGill had no trouble in picking up wickets when bowling with McGrath and Warne. The fact that Clark has no 6-fer's is somewhat beside the point, because he's still managed to pick up his fair share of wickets bowling with McGrath and Warne.
I'm not arguing against your point, all I'm pointing out is that SST made an extremely valid point as to why Lee doesn't have any 5+ hauls, and used it completely out of context just because you don't like him. You could've quoted one of the multiple posts after SST's making the same point as you.

NZTailender

I'm not arguing against your point, all I'm pointing out is that SST made an extremely valid point as to why Lee doesn't have any 5+ hauls, and used it completely out of context just because you don't like him. You could've quoted one of the multiple posts after SST's making the same point as you.
Fair point. Will leave it at that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Maybe thats because the Indian batting line virtually begins at 3 and ends at 6 (or began at 2 and ended at 5 in the last two test matches). As an Indian mate of mine said last night after watching the days play "A billion hopes on four poor souls - you cant expect them to come off big every single time. Its too much to ask".
Yeah but some batting orders orders begin at 3 and end at 4. Its all negligible really.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Judging Clark & Lees records with McGrath and Warne in the team is hardly fair imo considering Lee has played oodles more matches with them than Clark has. In his first 10 or so test matches Lee picked up his fair share of wickets with McGrath & Warne in the team, his record went downhill from there though, and whats to say Clarks wouldn't have?

(FTR, I don't think Clarks average would have gone above 30, but if he had played the same number of matches with them, as Lee, I don't think his record would be nearly as good as it is now)

JBH001

International Regular
Edit/This is a reply to jono.

Yeah, but considering the fact that it basically comes down to the big 4 (the old pros really) in every game, and that one of that four is struggling with form and slowly finding his way back, certainly makes it all the harder in terms of reliable runs. IMO they have done pretty damn well considering.

The only person I am a little disappointed in is Ganguly. He looks in such good nick, but still finds ways to get out when set for big scores (he really needs to get a 100 before the series is finished to even to begin to do justice to the form he is in).

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Almost 40 degrees celsius in Perth, it's stinking hot. I hope the Aussies take advantage of these conditions later on in the day. Hope we dismiss the Indians this session.