• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Y'know, Ponting has this strange aversion to risk. You hear a bunch of talk about all of the guns Australia has but what's the point if you don't use them? Same with Ashes 2005; when they first picked Tait, it was said that he was the impact player and would be used to intimidate the opposition. In the final Test, Ponting barely brought him on to bowl at all and when he did, he got a wicket. Why boast if you don't have the guts to take a risk?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Against a Test quality attack you'd expect most opener's to play and miss a few times especially early on when they make big scores.

I still think he's still a bit too prone to play a loose shot when there's no need for it.

pup11

International Coach
You know, talk about luck with Sehwag all you like, but Dravid played and missed plenty of the time, was dropped (and was caught off no balls twice) in the first two tests.

Hayden was incredibly lucky early on Boxing Day.

Its the nature of cricket.
Unlike Dravid and Hayden, riding the luck is almost the part of Sehwag's technique. :p

pup11

International Coach
Y'know, Ponting has this strange aversion to risk. You hear a bunch of talk about all of the guns Australia has but what's the point if you don't use them? Same with Ashes 2005; when they first picked Tait, it was said that he was the impact player and would be used to intimidate the opposition. In the final Test, Ponting barely brought him on to bowl at all and when he did, he got a wicket. Why boast if you don't have the guts to take a risk?
AWTA.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, don't rate Rauf eh?
Comfortably the worst (and stupidest) umpire I've ever seen. Not just his decisions, but the way he acts on field. He once took out the light meter to check the rating when Smith was ready to face a ball from the bowler who was running in.

Like what the hell?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, not a Rauf fan myself either. Good decision on the lbw too.

I will predict that Australia, after the last test, won't get many 50-50s in this game.

Clark is head and shouilders above the ther bowlers here - how Johnson gets new rock ahead of him I will never know.