• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bah that first hour or so was frustrating, besides Clark it was pretty poor cricket all round. Sehwag looked ridiculous at times, but coming in mid way through the series I'd expect that. Lee and Johnson weren't looking to flash and only Clark shone through, again. Luck didn't go his way though.
Agreed re: 1st hour, but it sounds like the 2nd hour has been far better? (Don't know, because I haven't seen it)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And 24 overs in the session. The extra grunt of pace could be paid for at the match ref's table.
I was thinking that too. Tubbs and co who had a go on-air at the Indian over rate are ridiculously silent when their own boys do the same. Gawd, I hate the 9 commentary team. Richie and Slats aside.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And so goes the big disadvantage of a four-prong pace attack. 4 overs short after the first session is pretty ordinary. I'm predicting some overs of spin before tea.

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Anyone hear Richie suggest that Steve Bucknor was eating lunch back in Jamaica, with sacrificial lamb at the top of the menu?

I guess we know how he feels now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a bit harsh.
Not really. Bucknor's performance was seriously meh, but it's a sad day when a country can complain and have an umpire removed.

Imagine the kerfuffle if it becomes the norm. Why should the ICC not replace umpires everytime a country has a whinge? In fact, after what they've done here, how can't they? It's a load of cobblers to suggest that the Indian reaction had nothing to do with the decision to rissole him.

Dire, imo. If he's that bad then he should be pensioned off, not just sacked after one country has a whinge about him.