• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Test Bowling Averages
Mills 28.08
Martin 32.62
O'Brien 48.20

RadioSport Commentator Conclude:
* Martin is the real deal at test level
* O'Brien has impressed enough to keep his spot
* Mills has struggled to bridge the gap to test level and must be dropped for Gillespie

Good to see the standard of commentary in New Zealand is as good as it is in Australia...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez. You bastards are hard on O'Brien. He's bowled better than Mills in this test and generated plenty more chances. Ideally, granted, he'd not be in there but exceedingly harsh comments on the lad.

HeathDavisSpeed

Indeed. He could've done more i.e. batted better :P
Dubious to say the least. He was batting with a pool cue against a ballbearing out there today. Shocking. The men who should have done better were Fleming and McCullum - they looked nicely set and got out with silly shots. I'll let Vettori off as he was trying to force the score with only O'Brien and Martin to bat with.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dubious to say the least. He was batting with a pool cue against a ballbearing out there today. Shocking. The men who should have done better were Fleming and McCullum - they looked nicely set and got out with silly shots. I'll let Vettori off as he was trying to force the score with only O'Brien and Martin to bat with.
Yeah, agreed. I thought Fleming was on track for a century today.
The little charge and loft that ended in a dropped catch was awful though. Must've been a pretty poor brain explosion there.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I could add Sinclair to the list that you mentioned. Sinclair got the opportunity to score big but he did not utilize it. I thought Bell will again score a ton in this test. He disappointed me. I expect he performs well against England to solve NZ opening woes.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
How scored 73 in a state shield ODI today, continuing his run of good form. Sunday Star times said today Craig Cumming has done enough to keep his spot for England with his last innings, while Ian Smith didn't appear to agree, and he and Richardson were of the opinion it would be a carrot to have the same guy opening ODIs and Tests.

What do you think? I'm biased towards How.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh @#$%! I did too!

I put it down to getting up early and having a long day in the sun :(

State Shield one day game....

Though How did make a couple of 70+ scores in the last ODI series :)

Thanks for explaining the acronyms, seen them a bit and hadn't figured it out.

Raghav

How was asked to come to SA for ODI series and he somehow could manage good scores. He failed in Aus along with his teammates. That is understandable. For the ODI series against BAN, he was selected and he got some good partnerships. He was asked to sit down for tests. I personally think that he is always a choice as a good opening test player. Selectors might have used this BAN test series to decide between Cumming and Bell. For the Eng series, I believe if Bell opens along with How, NZ can perform better. Cumming needs to be asked to sit aside and play domestic for a while.

stumpski

International Captain
When they're looking for crumbs of comfort to take out of this series, Bangladesh will be encouraged that they dismissed New Zealand for under 400 in both Tests - and with better support from the fielders might have done better still. And Habibul Bashar made the dozen runs he needed to become the first Bangladeshi to make 3000 runs in Tests (Ashraful is a long way short still). Hopefully he'll get 50 tomorrow and take his side past the 100, but he's more likely to go in the first ten minutes.

Dick Rockett

Jeez. You bastards are hard on O'Brien. He's bowled better than Mills in this test and generated plenty more chances. Ideally, granted, he'd not be in there but exceedingly harsh comments on the lad.
AWTA.

I thought Bell will again score a ton in this test. He disappointed me.
He got a duff decision from the umpire so you can hardly blame him for getting not many.

Sunday Star times said today Craig Cumming has done enough to keep his spot for England with his last innings
Actually, Jonathan Millmow said that, and Jonathan Millmow is a ****ing idiot. Other gems from him in recent memory were that Bangladesh were a threat to us after the South African and Australian series, and today's article which opines that this current test should be stricken from the record. Millmow is a hack who rants like a mindless radio talkback caller and should be fired.

HeathDavisSpeed

Actually, Jonathan Millmow said that, and Jonathan Millmow is a ****ing idiot. Other gems from him in recent memory were that Bangladesh were a threat to us after the South African and Australian series, and today's article which opines that this current test should be stricken from the record. Millmow is a hack who rants like a mindless radio talkback caller and should be fired.
I could not agree more. My flatulence talks more sense than Millmow and I have notoriously babbling flatulence.

HeathDavisSpeed

Bell having a poor game in the field. 3 dropped catches now (to offset the couple that he's taken). Still, only fair to give a few back to the Bangas after the let offs they gave us. Not sure whether Bell should be givin' em chances though. Maybe Skippy owes them a couple though.