• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
lol, them getting out at identical scores...

still, how much can be read into this result? I believe Canberra play a level lower than the Aussie FC level???
Yeah, I really don't see how a match against a bunch of Grade cricketers in the ACT is going to be helpful to the Indians for playing the Australians in Perth...

sideshowtim

Banned
well, tbh, having watched some footages over the last two days, I do agree that such catches tend to be given out generally...

I take back what I said abt Aussies and cheating...
Good to see you can do that. Ponting is guilty of a poor choice of terminology rather than cheating.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IIRC there are 2/3 Pura Cup players in the team, that said, it's still not even close to a First Grade team.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IIRC there are 2/3 Pura Cup players in the team, that said, it's still not even close to a First Grade team.
Only Chris Rogers is a serving Pura Cup player. Richard Sherlock might be playing in NZ for Central Districts though not sure. Mark Higgs stopped playing for SA a few years ago now. That India are 3/210 at tea is cause for concern, espeically since Manuka is a road. And Jaffer got out to Higgs; how embarrassing!

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realise Ed Cowan was playing too. And he just caught Dravid!

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only Chris Rogers is a serving Pura Cup player. Richard Sherlock might be playing in NZ for Central Districts though not sure. Mark Higgs stopped playing for SA a few years ago now. That India are 3/210 at tea is cause for concern, espeically since Manuka is a road. And Jaffer got out to Higgs; how embarrassing!
Ed Cowan...He's hardly cemented himself as a good FC player though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah because tour matches are always true indications of how a team will go in tests.

I'm sure the Indians are fretting over this performance.

funnygirl

State Regular
well, tbh, having watched some footages over the last two days, I do agree that such catches tend to be given out generally...

I take back what I said abt Aussies and cheating...
I never felt Ponting was at fault for once .I can't understand what all these fuss about Ponting ?

I have only trouble with Steve Bucknor .

sideshowtim

Banned
Yeah because tour matches are always true indications of how a team will go in tests.

I'm sure the Indians are fretting over this performance.
You can't gain anything out of these matches though. That's why they're dumb.

A player scores runs: "Oh it means nothing, it's only an average, crappy ACT grade attack". If they fail: "Oh my god, they failed to score against an average, crappy ACT grade attack!"

NZTailender

You can't gain anything out of these matches though. That's why they're dumb.

A player scores runs: "Oh it means nothing, it's only an average, crappy ACT grade attack". If they fail: "Oh my god, they failed to score against an average, crappy ACT grade attack!"
Pretty much. In any case, the batsmen shouldn't be under the spotlight here - their objective in such games is simply to get time in the middle, as having 2 batsman score 200 each and not letting anyone else get some practice only hinders things. Same goes for the bowlers, in hoping everyone gets a bowl rather than two bowlers taking 5fer each.

Tour matches are a glorified training session to practice batting, bowling and fielding.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
FFS, he said "we don't have homosexuals like you do." In other words, Iranian homosexuals aren't exactly flaunting it in public like Americans. Can't believe how many people have mis-interpreted Ahmadinejad's comments.

He's still a crazy moron mind.
He said we (Iranians) don't have homosexuals at all.

NZTailender

He said we (Iranians) don't have homosexuals at all.
Uh, no he didn't. Re-read what Slow love posted.

Edit: I'll save you the time.

Slow Love™ said:
his is off-topic, but I honestly don't know how you've come to your interpretation of Ahmadinejad's comment. He was answering a question at Columbia regarding Iran's treatment of women and homosexuals, and he responded: "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country. We don't have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have it."

I really don't see how he specifies a "kind" of homosexual in that, and I don't think it's suggested by the question, but even if he did, it hardly makes my post moot, as the reason they "don't" is because anybody who does act like that gets thrown in jail or worse.

Last edited:

NZTailender

You're misinterpreting it. The way he said it was as if there are NO homosexuals. Not that they exist and are different.
No, he didn't actually. Re-read it again. The way he worded it in English gave people the impression that he was saying there are absolutely no homosexuals in Iran.

Read it this way:

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country."