• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And how about showing previous frames where he caught the ball a foot off the ground?

This is seriously pathetic!
He didn't have control of his movement until after the ball hit the ground, though.

I agree with those saying that it wouldn't be such a big deal if not for everything else that happened in the match, and even with those saying that heaps of those catches get given as out anyway, but it certainly isn't a fair catch to the letter of the law, and anyone who has actually read the law would know this.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And how much we suffered in the hands of Bucknor ,only we know .We can't prove that he is baised against us .But he was /is .

The real villain here is ICC for trusting a over the hill umpire ,it was their duty to change him .Instead they kept on with him.
Indian objections to Bucknor have been long-standing. Why didn't they say something when the appointments for the tour were made in the first place? The response to the umpiring in the Test are a bit sanctimonious and a little too politically expedient for my liking.

And what happens if Bowden has a shocker? 'Everyone knows' he always favours Australia.....

funnygirl

State Regular
Indian objections to Bucknor have been long-standing. Why didn't they say something when the appointments for the tour were made in the first place? The response to the umpiring in the Test are a bit sanctimonious and a little too politically expedient for my liking.

And what happens if Bowden has a shocker? 'Everyone knows' he always favours Australia.....
U mean we will ask to remove him also ? ofcourse not . Bucknor -India is atotally different issue which i cannot explain .U guys can believe whatever u want to .

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think shortpitched was being sarcastic...

Stranger things have happened though, there aren't any homosexuals in Iran, for example.
FFS, he said "we don't have homosexuals like you do." In other words, Iranian homosexuals aren't exactly flaunting it in public like Americans. Can't believe how many people have mis-interpreted Ahmadinejad's comments.

He's still a crazy moron mind.

pasag

RTDAS
Am wondering how the teams will react in the third Test, cricket-wise, to the controversies. For the Australian side, for many this would have been the first major one they'd been apart of and I can't really think of any much bigger for anyone in the side. Coupled with the fact the alot of home media is rather critical of them, it could get to certain players. It could make them stronger and more determined, but I'm not so sure. Same thing pretty much with India, but I'd expect it to fire them up more than anything, especially if they feel they've been wronged heaps.

sideshowtim

Banned
He didn't have control of his movement until after the ball hit the ground, though.

I agree with those saying that it wouldn't be such a big deal if not for everything else that happened in the match, and even with those saying that heaps of those catches get given as out anyway, but it certainly isn't a fair catch to the letter of the law, and anyone who has actually read the law would know this.
Of course. But a precedent has been set for many, many years that those catches are out. I've never seen such an explosion regarding a catch of that nature, ever, and to me that just smacks of a desperate attempt to pin everything possible against the Aussies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am wondering how the teams will react in the third Test, cricket-wise, to the controversies. For the Australian side, for many this would have been the first major one they'd been apart of and I can't really think of any much bigger for anyone in the side. Coupled with the fact the alot of home media is rather critical of them, it could get to certain players. It could make them stronger and more determined, but I'm not so sure. Same thing pretty much with India, but I'd expect it to fire them up more than anything, especially if they feel they've been wronged heaps.
IMO both teams will refuse to come out after the 1st days play, match to be decided by a game of slaps between HB Singh & Symonds :ph34r:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They are playing in Perth. No amount of personal offense can teach you how to play a chest high ball coming at you at 90mph. :p

Slow Love™

International Captain
FFS, he said "we don't have homosexuals like you do." In other words, Iranian homosexuals aren't exactly flaunting it in public like Americans. Can't believe how many people have mis-interpreted Ahmadinejad's comments.
This is off-topic, but I honestly don't know how you've come to your interpretation of Ahmadinejad's comment. He was answering a question at Columbia regarding Iran's treatment of women and homosexuals, and he responded: "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country. We don't have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have it."

I really don't see how he specifies a "kind" of homosexual in that, and I don't think it's suggested by the question, but even if he did, it hardly makes my post moot, as the reason they "don't" is because anybody who does act like that gets thrown in jail or worse.

Last edited:

NZTailender

This is off-topic, but I honestly don't know how you've come to your interpretation of Ahmadinejad's comment. He was answering a question at Columbia regarding Iran's treatment of women and homosexuals, and he responded: "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country. We don't have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have it."

I really don't see how he specifies a "kind" of homosexual in that, and I don't think it's suggested by the question, but even if he did, it hardly makes my post moot, as the reason they "don't" is because anybody who does act like that gets thrown in jail or worse.
Main words highlighted here. If you re-read his answer again (given that it seems a little weird in it's delivery) I think you'll find he wasn't saying there are no homosexuals in Iran, but instead saying there are no homosexuals in Iran like there are homosexuals in America.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Main words highlighted here. If you re-read his answer again (given that it seems a little weird in it's delivery) I think you'll find he wasn't saying there are no homosexuals in Iran, but instead saying there are no homosexuals in Iran like there are homosexuals in America.
Yeah, I re-read it several times already, trying to find where you might have gotten your interpretation from. He was answering this question: "Iranian women are now denied basic human rights and your government has imposed draconian punishments including execution on Iranian citizens who are homosexuals. Why are you doing those things?" What you suggest he meant makes his answer completely irrelevant, so I think I've got his meaning right. We're talking about a man who says the Holocaust never happened, after all.

Last edited:

Tony

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
They are playing in Perth. No amount of personal offense can teach you how to play a chest high ball coming at you at 90mph. :p
Be over in 3 days so there will be plenty of time to talk about another controversy before the Adelaide test...........Indians will be jumping around like monkeys (sorry....gazelles)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
India should just go home and avoid getting a 4-0 defeat. Keep their win-loss ratio in tact.
Yes that totally makes sense despite the fact that we gave Aussies a good go last test, and yes for the millionth time if the umpiring wasn't as horrible outcome would've been different! And it looks to me as if you're scared, and want that record win streak so bad that you rather face an easier opponent and have India go home.

8-)

Last edited:

NZTailender

Yeah, I re-read it several times already, trying to find where you might have gotten your interpretation from. He was answering this question: "Iranian women are now denied basic human rights and your government has imposed draconian punishments including execution on Iranian citizens who are homosexuals. Why are you doing those things?" What you suggest he meant makes his answer completely irrelevant, so I think I've got his meaning right. We're talking about a man who says the Holocaust never happened, after all.
Yeah should probably just agree to disagree itbt.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Of course. But a precedent has been set for many, many years that those catches are out. I've never seen such an explosion regarding a catch of that nature, ever, and to me that just smacks of a desperate attempt to pin everything possible against the Aussies.
well, tbh, having watched some footages over the last two days, I do agree that such catches tend to be given out generally...

I take back what I said abt Aussies and cheating...

pasag

RTDAS
Indians 2/209
Jaffer 92*
Dravid 46*

Sehwag, 24 and Karthik, 25 doing themselves no favours here.

Edit: Jaffer out on 92.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol, them getting out at identical scores...

still, how much can be read into this result? I believe Canberra play a level lower than the Aussie FC level???