• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dont care if its 5 aussies or 10, if theres no conclusive evidence or at least confirmation from a neutral party, i dont think it was the right decision.
1 eye-witness is generally enough, 5 is pretty damned hard to argue against

Call me a neanderthal (and plenty have said worse) but I dont actually think that the punishment fits the crime.

Let him play IF he agrees to publicly apologise and undertake counselling - he'll be subject to derision from all and sundry and hopefully learn something along the way

Majin

International Debutant
Indian fans accusing umpires of bias are just stupid; you’re not doing yourself any favors by acting childish. The victim mentality that seems to prop up will not serve you in the long term. Complain about the umpiring, but don’t be emotional about it. The sad part is that the BCCI seems to take their cue from fans like those, instead of rational discourse on how to improve the game of cricket.
Agree with you here, silly to accuse umpires of being biased. Crap at their job, yes, but bias against a team is silly.

Personally I think they shouldn't be considering calling off the tour, but more trying to get new umpires to stand in the remaining tests, and I think both India AND Australia should be going for that. It's plainly obvious to anyone who has followed or watched the Tests that Bucknor is rubbish right now, and Benson has been doing stupid things as well, not least of all accepting Pontings word on a catch (not saying Ponting was lying, mind, I just don't think you should ever leave that sort of decision on the word of a player. The third umpire is there for a reason, use him.)

If we get different Umpires in, India can't complain about "bias" or whatever if decisions go their way, because no one would believe every umpire in the world is out to get us. Chances are the standards would go up without the crappy umpires we've had so far anyway. Also, Australia surely don't want this kind of crap tarnishing their wins either, we all know how good they are, playing a series with better umpiring only makes them look better for mine. Anyone can see the umpiring on this tour has been shocking, and improving it only benefits Australia, so I see no reason why they shouldn't want better umps.

tooextracool

International Coach
I would not .because probably i live in india but i would for calling someone a bastard.
calling someone a bastard is not racist. Then again, i find it illogical that 'monkey'(if said on its own) is considered to be a racist comment. IMO both are just plain insults.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think Indian board will certainly withdraw if hogg is not treated similarly and if there is no neutral proof against harbhajan and rightly so.
the pressure from the general public and the media will be too much to continue.

tooextracool

International Coach
1 eye-witness is generally enough, 5 is pretty damned hard to argue against
What? I would go and testify if it meant not having to play Harbhajan in the next test. Symonds, Hayden, Ponting and Clarke are hardly known to be saints either so going on their word is not something to be relied upon.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
calling someone a bastard is not racist. Then again, i find it illogical that 'monkey'(if said on its own) is considered to be a racist comment. IMO both are just plain insults.
I agree both are not racist.
But bastard is bigger abuse.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What? I would go and testify if it meant not having to play Harbhajan in the next test. Symonds, Hayden, Ponting and Clarke are hardly known to be saints either so going on their word is not something to be relied upon.
I would also.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why?

It's at the WACA, Australia cant be beaten in the series, and the guy is averaging over 50 with the ball

Lucky I'm not the Devil or I'd make a low-ball offer for your soul if it's going that cheap

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dont care what it is, there is no rule(that i am aware of at least) thats states that 'thou shalt not insult' in the game of cricket.
Yes there is regarding personal abuse.

It has been confirmed by bcci cao that it is based on testimony of players and if this is setting a standard then all false allegations will be made.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think Indian board will certainly withdraw if hogg is not treated similarly and if there is no neutral proof against harbhajan and rightly so.
the pressure from the general public and the media will be too much to continue.
Firelighters on standby...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Why?

It's at the WACA, Australia cant be beaten in the series, and the guy is averaging over 50 with the ball

Lucky I'm not the Devil or I'd make a low-ball offer for your soul if it's going that cheap
it was during the test and this is a case of personal bias.

tooextracool

International Coach
Why?

Firstly, the captain cant buy a run against him.
Secondly, the replacement bowlers are far worse.
Third, its blatantly obvious that many of the players in the Aussie side have something against with him, be it personal or otherwise. Aussies in general seem to hate anyone that is prepared to stand up and dish it back at them. Its no surprise that they dont like Graeme Smith, Sreesanth or Saurav Ganguly either.

pup11

International Coach
This shouldn't have come down to this and this would cause plently of bad blood between both the sides, but cancelling a tour for something like this sounds childish, the match referee is not an Australian is he so if they are not happy with his judgement ask ICC to step into it, why make CA suffer for it.
Poor... George he hardly looks likes a man who would run around abusing people, he might have said something like you lucky bastard, but Indians coming up with something like this to counter Harbhajan's "apparent" racist slur was dire!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ah well, let's put all this behind us and look to the next Test. It's being played at the WACA which is really good for pace and India have err... Singh and... um...

Oh noes. :ph34r: