• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Firstly, the captain cant buy a run against him.
Secondly, the replacement bowlers are far worse.
Third, its blatantly obvious that many of the players in the Aussie side have something against with him, be it personal or otherwise. Aussies in general seem to hate anyone that is prepared to stand up and dish it back at them. Its no surprise that they dont like Graeme Smith, Sreesanth or Saurav Ganguly either.
Funnily enough, they're quite happy to play against the others and in spite of the fact that 2 are much better cricketers than Harby

tooextracool

International Coach
Ah well, let's put all this behind us and look to the next Test. It's being played at the WACA which is really good for pace and India have err... Singh and... um...

Oh noes. :ph34r:
Heard good things about Pankaj Singh. I will cross my fingers hoping that he will play in the warm up at Canberra.

Majin

International Debutant
Well Cricinfo have only just posted an article about the Harbhajan thing now, and they say no decision has been made on anything yet so perhaps we should assume this is all conjecture still.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This shouldn't have come down to this and this would cause plently of bad blood between both the sides, but cancelling a tour for something like this sounds childish, the match referee is not an Australian is he so if they are not happy with his judgement ask ICC to step into it, why make CA suffer for it.
Poor... George he hardly looks likes a man who would run around abusing people, he might have said something like you lucky bastard, but Indians coming up with something like this to counter Harbhajan's "apparent" racist slur was dire!
But the thing is that aussies say something's which is percieved way harsher in india so why should they be not warned.
Why was mike proctor cuddling up with ponting in the morning?
Now it is claimed that it is a "racist decision" (AS "MONKEY"IS not a racist word for the south asian race) by proctor and this has all the potential of becoming Asia vs rest and we know who holds the power in cricket there.

tooextracool

International Coach
Funnily enough, they're quite happy to play against the others and in spite of the fact that 2 are much better cricketers than Harby
Because of course they've had the opportunity to testify against them in the manner in which they have done against Harbhajan? As i said earlier, if someone like Hussey had said something perhaps i would have taken their claim a bit more seriously.
Says a lot about Ponting when hes a bunny against a player of the apparent calibre of Harbhajan.

stephen

I find all of the posts about bad umpiring incredibly amusing.

Everyone believes that the 2005 ashes series was one of the most exciting and interesting series of test match cricket ever played (rightfully so IMO). What people do not remember was that the level of umpiring was consistantly horrible for THE WHOLE SERIES. Not just one game, but the whole series. Damien Martyn was sawn off three times and Katich once, all in pressure situations.

The fact of the matter is that India bowled poorly in the second innings and while the tail wagged somewhat, with a good knock by Kumble, the batting by the Indians was very poor on a wicket which did not have too many demons in it for a final day SCG pitch (it really played more like a day 4 SCG pitch).

The ending was exciting, the quality of the knocks by many of the batsmen in the match was excellent and the game shifted several times in terms of who had the advantage.

Batsmen sometimes get letoffs. Bowlers sometimes get wickets that they shouldn't get. That is the nature of the game. I know that it was a disappointing ending for Indian viewers, but the Indian team had plenty of opportunities to at least draw the game and were simply not good enough. I'm sure that any neutral watching the game would have very much enjoyed the final session of play, as it was an extremely tense, interesting passage of cricket, and at the end of the day that is what we all want.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
But the thing is that aussies say something's which is percieved way harsher in india so why should they be not warned.
Now it is claimed that it is a "racist decision" (AS "MONKEY"IS not a racist word for the south asian race) by proctor and this has all the potential of becoming Asia vs rest and we know who holds the power in cricket there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAsmYgadcyo

duffer

Everyone believes that the 2005 ashes series was one of the most exciting and interesting series of test match cricket ever played (rightfully so IMO). What people do not remember was that the level of umpiring was consistantly horrible for THE WHOLE SERIES. Not just one game, but the whole series. Damien Martyn was sawn off three times and Katich once, all in pressure situations.

The fact of the matter is that India bowled poorly in the second innings and while the tail wagged somewhat, with a good knock by Kumble, the batting by the Indians was very poor on a wicket which did not have too many demons in it for a final day SCG pitch (it really played more like a day 4 SCG pitch).

The ending was exciting, the quality of the knocks by many of the batsmen in the match was excellent and the game shifted several times in terms of who had the advantage.

Batsmen sometimes get letoffs. Bowlers sometimes get wickets that they shouldn't get. That is the nature of the game. I know that it was a disappointing ending for Indian viewers, but the Indian team had plenty of opportunities to at least draw the game and were simply not good enough. I'm sure that any neutral watching the game would have very much enjoyed the final session of play, as it was an extremely tense, interesting passage of cricket, and at the end of the day that is what we all want.
So India have no right to be aggrieved at the farce that has just went on. Turn the other one buddy.

social

Because of course they've had the opportunity to testify against them in the manner in which they have done against Harbhajan? As i said earlier, if someone like Hussey had said something perhaps i would have taken their claim a bit more seriously.
Says a lot about Ponting when hes a bunny against a player of the apparent calibre of Harbhajan.
Why not Hayden or Symonds?

They've been quite happy to smack him around

Unfortunately, you're missing the point

tooextracool

International Coach

think about this for a second. That was 4 bad decisions made over the course of the series(although there were more). There were far more bad decisions made in this test match ALONE.

pup11

International Coach
With that sort of an attitude and mindset in the 21st century India shouldn't bother playing with non-asian countries then!! :furious:

tooextracool

International Coach
Why not Hayden or Symonds?

They've been quite happy to smack him around

Unfortunately, you're missing the point
And Symonds has absolutely no grudge against him? These two apparently had an alteraction all the way back in the ODI series in India, you dont think theres no bad blood still sprewing?
Let me ask you a question: in the test match in Perth, if a similar situation arises between say Ponting and Yuvraj, an altercation results on the field, do you honestly think Kumble, Ganguly, Harbhajan(if he plays), Yuvraj and Dhoni for example will have any hesitation in testifying that Ponting called Yuvraj a derogatory/racist term? I have no doubt that they wont.

stephen

think about this for a second. That was 4 bad decisions made over the course of the series(although there were more). There were far more bad decisions made in this test match ALONE.
I was using these as points of example, not giving them as a comprehensive list.

Noone is debating that the quality of umpiring was poor in this test. I am merely saying that there is a time and a place for complaining about the umpiring, and that in the end, India blew their chances by bowling poorly and batting poorly in the second innings.

So India have no right to be aggrieved at the farce that has just went on. Turn the other one buddy.
No, they can feel aggreived, as I'm certain Martyn was after being dealt with poorly over the course of a five test series in 2005. I am just stating that in the end, India have noone but themselves to blame for not getting the draw. Similarly to how Strauss could feel wronged at being given out incorrectly on the final day at Adelaide last year, but in the end it was England who were not good enough to play out the draw.

duffer

Noone is debating that the quality of umpiring was poor in this test. I am merely saying that there is a time and a place for complaining about the umpiring, and that in the end, India blew their chances by bowling poorly and batting poorly in the second innings.

No, they can feel aggreived, as I'm certain Martyn was after being dealt with poorly over the course of a five test series in 2005. I am just stating that in the end, India have noone but themselves to blame for not getting the draw. Similarly to how Strauss could feel wronged at being given out incorrectly on the final day at Adelaide last year, but in the end it was England who were not good enough to play out the draw.
Agreed that a couple of Indian bats need to have a good look at their performances but still can't accept that this was anything but an artificial result.